5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Dyno Charts

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:54 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Actually the PMS was first on my list too. However, it was not compatible with my AODE(couldn't use it to play with the AODE shifting points, etc. I don't know if they have changed it since). But agreed, if you do not know how to work it, you can quickly damage some things.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:18 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Actually no go, I believe we have two different ecus, yours has to be programmed for the auto, mine doesn't have those secondary parameters. The tweecer has been 50/50 with some people, some people get them to work wonders, others can't get them to work for crap. I asked a lot of different people around here about shops that can tune, and asked several tuners, and all of them said to can the tweecer, they have way too many problems with them, so I did. They all held the anderson PMS in high reguards, but again, I can't justify dumping $1000 into a tuner, that's just retarded for a non racer lol.

Yea, I thought I should be higher, but the dyno doesn't lie. Now here's a good comparison for the dyno. My buddy, Tyler (02stang) on the site, had his 06 GT dynoed there about 7 months ago, and pulled off 239 rwhp, 260 rwtq, which, compared to other dynoes, is about 10-15 rwhp lower than the more common 250s-260s the new s-197s run, so take that for what it is. Their SAE correction on that dyno is wicked, it can really kill power ratings the way it figures out things, however, that dyno is the best at picking up any inconsistancies an engine, fuel system, or ignition system will have.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:23 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jthorn9
Actually no go, I believe we have two different ecus, yours has to be programmed for the auto, mine doesn't have those secondary parameters. The tweecer has been 50/50 with some people, some people get them to work wonders, others can't get them to work for crap. I asked a lot of different people around here about shops that can tune, and asked several tuners, and all of them said to can the tweecer, they have way too many problems with them, so I did. They all held the anderson PMS in high reguards, but again, I can't justify dumping $1000 into a tuner, that's just retarded for a non racer lol.

Yea, I thought I should be higher, but the dyno doesn't lie. Now here's a good comparison for the dyno. My buddy, Tyler (02stang) on the site, had his 06 GT dynoed there about 7 months ago, and pulled off 239 rwhp, 260 rwtq, which, compared to other dynoes, is about 10-15 rwhp lower than the more common 250s-260s the new s-197s run, so take that for what it is. Their SAE correction on that dyno is wicked, it can really kill power ratings the way it figures out things, however, that dyno is the best at picking up any inconsistancies an engine, fuel system, or ignition system will have.

You're completely right. I forgot to account that my car was an auto while yours was a manual. The parameters would be COMPLETLEY different. Still, I find it funny that many people are having trouble with them. Is it just on the 94-95's or on the Fox's as well?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:30 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Didn't ask that much, but I can assume both as there aren't many 94/95 being modified around here, and there are a lot of bad *** foxes, and the answer was universal all over the area, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Gulfport, Biloxi, and Slidell tuners all said get rid of it.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:37 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Yeah, the Tweecer has not caught on well here in Texas either. Even some of the reputable shops around here have no clue what a Tweecer is. I actually ran into a guy at the track who was a tuner and tuned only with the Tweecer. He was tuning the car on the track and datalogging it, which is another reason why I chose the Tweecer. The Real Time feature is a nifty item to have. There's a guy down in Louisiana, Wes is his name who actually tunes with the Tweecer as well. He's a great guy and even set up my tune for free, considering his and my car are practically identical. I just modified it to my standards. I forgot what location he's at, but StinkinLincoln knows him well.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:41 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Hmm......well I wish I still had mine if he know how to make them work. I know very well how to make wicked tunes with a flash tuner, such as the SCT or Diablo, but they're much easier to use and work with, and I've spend hours (back when I had my 98) performing fine tuning, and just playing with mine. I wish I could use one on my 5.0, but, oh well, that's one of the faults of having such an old car lol.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:50 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Yeah, that's the sad part about our cars, especially when it comes to tuning them. We have what...3 options: PMS, Tweecer, custom burnt chip and a few high dollar tuning programs out there. The OBDII computers get everything. Oh well. I still like my unique 95 and would prefer it over the 4.6 any day. Not to get off topic, but are you planning on any forced induction or any more mods down the road?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:03 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Yes, I'm looking at buying a novi right now with 6000 miles on it. It's in great condition, and with me having over $1700 in the bank right now, and $2600 on the way, and another $1000 next week, I have a lot of play room, but I'm looking at a complete used unit to save a few crittical dollars right now. There is another vortech polished kit (goes better with my car), but the guy wants $2000 for it, so I'm looking at a $1500 novi, or $2000 vortech right now.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:16 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Very cool! I bought my Vortech kit used from the Corral with 3,000 miles for $1,950 shipped. It was fully complete and even came with a 2.95 SC pulley. I could have proably got a better deal. However, I was just zooming through the classifieds and knew that that was the SC for me(sounds gay I know). BTW, make sure when you go boosted you dump that stock intake system. It is restrictive heaven. I got the AFM powerpipe and picked up 6lbs of boost(now making a total of 15psi@5600). There is a UPR powerpipe, but it will not fit our cars without heavily hacking the inner fender. It's something I would not want to do with your nice looking motor. Are you going to run the 30lb injectors, but with an FMU? I am and am at 84% duty cycle(just an FYI). Boy do I love boost. Just not the problems that come with it. LOL!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:18 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

funny i heard people to tell me to can the pms lol!..

have you ever heard of stangtuners.com? every tuner is on there and alot of info to make your head spin.

you are right getting a tuner that is confident in his tuning let alone the tuning device at hand in front of him is night and day. or just luck???

Quick Reply: Dyno Charts