5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

A Few questions from a newer stangbanger.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Bobert
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by The Stang Mang
Thanks for all the info and sugestions guys, and i have thought about doing suspension mods as well, but i'm not that big of a drag guy, my idea of a sweet ride is one that has the power and can take corners like its on rails. So my suspension mods would be aimed towards the twisties and not so much the strait line.
So more or less my suspension mods would be more costly than some drag springs and control arms, so i decided on spending the money i have now on the motor to make it a decent runner, and mod the suspension later when the pay checks start rollin in.
Ok i can relate here. haha. As i said, stock 5.0 except exhaust and the fun stuff.
I threw down ford springs, mm c/c, and link kit an bushings. Oh and kyb gr2 struts. Lowered it about 2 inches in the front, and when i had everything out i blasted the a arms and such.

Its such a difference even with no work on the back. I live in a small city, not much 2 lane streets and stuff. But i know where all the sweet turns and roads are. I hit them before and after the suspension mods and its the best like 600 ive ever spent. Its a stiff ride, but what can i say its good vibrations.

I have drove this car on wron out tires, and had my close calls going around corners. Now it hooks soo welll just like taking a turn at 60 - 80 ( km ) so like 50 miles? ish... ( canadian )

Trust me man, if its a dd, and you just want to enjoy the ride, ( not comft ) then go suspension. I honestly cant wait to do the rear suspension. All it has now is just the springs. Its got a bad *** rack to it, and i love it.