5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

noob with a problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:29 PM
christislord

Just to give a little more background, my brother bought the mustang for 300 dollars(yes, 3 hundred). The guy said he bought it for his bro, but couldnt get it running so he didnt want it. My brother got a hold of a mechanic, and he got it running. it didnt have taillights and other things, so he bought all those. In all he prolly spent about 500-600 dollars on the car in total. It wasn't perfect, but for that price, he wasn't complaining. One day it just didnt want to turn on, and thats how its been since. Now that I have it, I want to get it running so that I can have a car. I would appreciate any other advice you guys have. I thank ya'll and may God Bless you!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:44 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

first off... I do, in no way, mean to offend you. But could you please keep the religious stuff to a minimum..

some of us around here find it offensive
Old 09-08-2009, 10:17 PM
christislord

Addermk2, I am not trying to offend anyone. But I do feel I have been minimal. I am offended by some of the stuff written on this forum too. But if other people can speak freely and say what they want, I have that freedom too. I think my username is more than explanatory, and if you find this offensive than maybe you shouldnt click on the thread. I'm not trying to be mean, but it is my freedom. If you or anyone else has any problems with what I have written then pm me. I dont want to be banned or anything for writing about this too much in this thread. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I think the last thing anyone wants is for the internet to be censored.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:26 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

duely noted... and blocked
Old 09-08-2009, 11:14 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by christislord
Addermk2, I am not trying to offend anyone. But I do feel I have been minimal. I am offended by some of the stuff written on this forum too. But if other people can speak freely and say what they want, I have that freedom too. I think my username is more than explanatory, and if you find this offensive than maybe you shouldnt click on the thread. I'm not trying to be mean, but it is my freedom. If you or anyone else has any problems with what I have written then pm me. I dont want to be banned or anything for writing about this too much in this thread. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I think the last thing anyone wants is for the internet to be censored.
Welcome aboard man and speak freely. After all, this is an OPEN forum. We all have our opinions. As for your problem, I personally have not experienced this. However, you can test your injectors by hooking them up to a volt meter. Just make sure you label each injector to the corresponding cylinder(1,2,2,4....). Also, make sure that when you remove them, becareful not to break the small O-rings located on the tip of the injector. They are very brittle, especially being on a 20 year old car. Also, does your fuel pump prime? Have you cleaned the MAF(probably not the problem, but just trying to eliminate possibilities)? Are all electrical connections properly seated, etc? Hope this helps. BTW, great passage for your Sig; one of my favs!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:40 PM
christislord

NoGo95GT, Thank you. I plan on speaking freely. When checking the injectors, what would be the sign on the volt meter that they are no good? I'm seriously thinking about just replacing them since they are prolly just as old as the car. I take it that the fuel pump does prime and work since fuel leaks out of one injector and that it does start(barely), but tell me if I'm wrong. I'm not sure if the maf is clean but if not, how would I clean it? About all the electrical connections properly seated, ????????? I'm thinking I should just let a mechanic check it out cus there is alot of electrical tape under the hood. I just thought maybe someone had this problem or knew what it could be. I'll see if I can get some pics under the hood tomorrow. Glad you like the sig, its one of my favs too. Thanks for the advice and God Bless!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:55 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

I'm thinking I should just let a mechanic check it out cus there is alot of electrical tape under the hood. I just thought maybe someone had this problem or knew what it could be.
its not that we dont know, a good mechanic troubleshoots the basics first to make a fair assessment. a thousand things can cause just one type of problem. yours is very common and has many cures. we just need to find the right one.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:06 AM
christislord

86 5.0L, I'm sorry, I didnt mean it to come out that way. I for one, surely dont know. I have never worked on anything thing other than my caddy. Besides the basics(oil change, spark plugs, etc) I'm fairly new to this. I'm hoping to find the right problems with all of your guys help. I'm sure there is alot of work to be done under the hood before this thing starts running again. I will try my best to post pics of the engine tomorrow. till then, God Bless.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:04 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

NoGo95GT, Thank you. I plan on speaking freely.
As long as what you plan on speaking freely about is mustang and or car related then all is well. welcome
Old 09-10-2009, 03:21 PM
christislord

mjr46, thanks for the welcome and yes thats my plan. Okay so I got some pics of the engine bay and other things I saw that might give ya'll an idea of the condition of the car.

engine bay

the corroded egr valve that I was talking about

not sure why there is a screw in this hose but the hose comes out of the intake.

As you can see in the first pic, I dont have the air intake so I'm not sure where the maf sensor is. here is a pic of 1 sensor around the area

and here is a pic of the other

this is what the first one looked like when I took it off. notice its missing teeth. its suppose to have four on each side

and here is how the other one looked. I'm certain it needs cleaning!!! what would I clean this with? It looked like someone put gum in the one on the top right

and while I'm at it, here is a pic of the stang. Its a work in progress(lol)

Quick Reply: noob with a problem