5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Tweecer rt or Anderson pms

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:42 AM
1slick88cat
1st Gear Member

Default Tweecer rt or Anderson pms

What do you think and what are the disadvantages of both
Old 10-02-2009, 10:51 AM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

I here the new Moates Quarter horse is better than both. The same people or person that designed TweeCar designed the software that is needed for the Quarter horse. It will also save a few dollars over the TweeCar.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Liquid_02
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TrimDrip
I here the new Moates Quarter horse is better than both. The same people or person that designed TweeCar designed the software that is needed for the Quarter horse. It will also save a few dollars over the TweeCar.
+1 on quarter horse. I have the PMS in my car and I love it, absolute only dis-advantage to the PMS I've found so far is the cost. If I did it again I'd probably use quarter horse.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:49 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

I have the quarterhorse. Ive used the Tweecer, and it will NEVER go in my car again.

and theres no F'ing way that im paying for a PMS, especially when the quarterhorse does MORE stuff
Old 10-03-2009, 12:15 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

i have the pms and its very easy to use. if i had to do it all over again, id probably go the ms route just because its so much cheaper. also, tuning with maf is expensive, especially if you change your combo and get bigger injectors
Old 10-03-2009, 09:48 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
i have the pms and its very easy to use. if i had to do it all over again, id probably go the ms route just because its so much cheaper. also, tuning with maf is expensive, especially if you change your combo and get bigger injectors
The version 2.8 and newer of the MS2, use a ford maf. so if you were smart about the tuning, you would buy a maf that will work no matter what you change, like the SCT2800BA. and all you have to do is change your injector high and low slopes and breakpoint values.

your PMS might not let you do that, because its an overpriced piece of crap
Old 10-03-2009, 12:28 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

i think its geared towards people who know nothing about tuning because you dont need to know jack to tune with the pms. one nice thing is that it can tune based off of boost as well as when nitrous is spraying or not
Old 10-03-2009, 02:31 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
i think its geared towards people who know nothing about tuning because you dont need to know jack to tune with the pms. one nice thing is that it can tune based off of boost as well as when nitrous is spraying or not
merasquirt, even while running with a maf, can still referance boost through the normally included MAP sensor. and the MSnS firmware can be used to CONTROL your nitrous and boost levels.

and although the quarterhorse uses the stock eec, and realy doesnt use any extra inputs, a DATAQ can be used for nitrous trigger sensing, boost level, and even wideband input.

i actually have mine directly run into my stock harness, and datalogged along with all other sensor data that is recorded.

the moral of the story is... Anderson PMS is just as outdated as the ford letter cams, and just as over-rated as a tom hanks film
Old 10-03-2009, 05:35 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

I had the PMS and sold it, didn't like it and it was a pain to tune with, layout was fairly easy, but the learning curve was huge. But I wasn't running version 2.8 either, I think it was 1. something back then.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:08 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
The version 2.8 and newer of the MS2, use a ford maf. so if you were smart about the tuning, you would buy a maf that will work no matter what you change, like the SCT2800BA. and all you have to do is change your injector high and low slopes and breakpoint values.
I've been running the 2.890 in an sd setup for quite a while on two different cars. I've installed & tuned 3 (one with just low rpm tune) using 2.8xx on a sd setup.

Never messed with quarterhorse & have only watched someone tune with a tweecer

Quick Reply: Tweecer rt or Anderson pms