5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

budget build 302 to 347 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 03:24 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by MYROOTSLX
www.propowerparts.com sells a 331 stroker kit for$775. You can get a set of pro comp 190cc aluminum heads on ebay for around $600 new and I would go with a Comp Extreme energy 274 hydraulic roller cam (.555/.565 lift). $249 at summit racing. Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine did an article on the pro power 331 stroker kit and it installed with no block clearancing needed. Hop this helps.
china crap heads and a cam meant for a 302 build and a magizine article whose sponsors pay the editor to support their outlandish claims...lol good luck with that
Old 12-14-2009, 06:30 PM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

ive seen turbo civics that run 8's and are street driven on pump gas in Super Street magazine or Import cicle jerk or something like that...

i love reading my MMFF, but it seems to be a little biased. the Ultimate Guide To Cylinder Heads was a pretty epic article. didnt seem like ti was too badly slanted.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:54 PM
omar_lpz

Originally Posted by goathead75
$2000 stroker, why not do a good h/c/i combo? What are you trying to do with the car? You only mentioned "stroker" and "big cam" so I'm curious, there might be some better options for you.
what do you mean by h/c/i combo
Old 12-17-2009, 11:18 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

^^HEADS, CAM AND INTAKE
Old 12-19-2009, 12:38 PM
MYROOTSLX

Really? Won't make power huh? Funny how I bought a stroker kit from them and made 463 hp and 494ftlbs at the tire on 4.5 pounds of boost at the tire with a very conservative tune.I know you guys mean well buy trying to help out but let the guys in these magazines spend corperate money to test parts that you wanna know works and you reap the benifits.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:48 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Really? Won't make power huh? Funny how I bought a stroker kit from them and made 463 hp and 494ftlbs at the tire on 4.5 pounds of boost at the tire with a very conservative tune.I know you guys mean well buy trying to help out but let the guys in these magazines spend corperate money to test parts that you wanna know works and you reap the benifits.
go blow smoke up someone elses ***.. seriously. If you think for a second that 460hp on a blown stroker is BIG power... you have issues. My 347 knocks around 400hp N/A. And I have been involved first hand in the building of a 306 with a s/c that run 6 psi and made 450hp...

you cant take your magazine fluffed parts... I'll stick to the tried and true stuff that all the other racers are using... because they can show me first hand that the stuff works... not just write about it
Old 12-20-2009, 06:59 AM
MYROOTSLX

400hp n/a huh? Take that **** to a Mustang chassis dyno and talk then! Alot of so called guys say they have around ......hp, talk this, talk that! Whatever works for you I guess. I'm guessing that since you said around 400 that you,ve never visited a dyno with that 347. Catch me on the street and lets see you talk all that nonsince then. You know, people come on here for advice and I try to help just like you. I'm not saying all magazine tech is true, just what worked for me. Get on the lie detector then come back here with your tail between your legs like i know you will!!!!
Old 12-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

400hp n/a huh? Take that **** to a Mustang chassis dyno and talk then! Alot of so called guys say they have around ......hp, talk this, talk that! Whatever works for you I guess. I'm guessing that since you said around 400 that you,ve never visited a dyno with that 347. Catch me on the street and lets see you talk all that nonsince then. You know, people come on here for advice and I try to help just like you. I'm not saying all magazine tech is true, just what worked for me. Get on the lie detector then come back here with your tail between your legs like i know you will!!!!
The key word there is advice, as in based on personal experience, not magazine hype. Also love the dyno races....... based on your HP numbers from the chassis dyno, you drive a 10.4 ET @130 MPH capable setup, if the weight is around 3300#. Does it make that performance on the real dyno (aka the 1320' track)? Just curious.....
Old 12-20-2009, 09:02 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

if I ever bumped into you on the street i'd **** all over that sled you call a car
Old 12-20-2009, 11:41 AM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

wow, because racing the dyno NEVER gets old.

do you also drive a 1000rwhp Supra trailer queen?!

ive seen mildly built 331's dyno around 380-400rwhp, adder has NO PROBLEM hitting 400 on a strong 347.

and seriously, i made hp than you did on an NA 357W, with a horrible patched in tune, congrats on wasting a lot of money and fuel on forced induction to be slower than everyone else.

go read you magazines and jerk off to all the great tech articles and motor build ups they do, follow their builds step by step, then go home and cry when EVERYONE shows you their tail lights on the street.

btw, great advice giving with your 4 posts...

Quick Reply: budget build 302 to 347 stroker