Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Sponsored by Weld Racing

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-25-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
motorman524
MF Informant

Vehicle: 2000 Mustang GT
jonathan.dallas
Arrow Stalling problem

Hey guys, I'm needing some tech help. When I plug my mass air in and drive the car it will usually stall when I press the clutch in while driving. If I let it sit and idle with it plugged in it will idle for a while and then start going up and down then stall. If it is unplugged the problem goes away for the most part. Doesn't stall when driving, maybe a little bit of up and down at idle but it clears up. Any ideas/things I can try to resolve this?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2000 Mustang GT
MODS: Manual conversion:TKO600, Spec aluminum flywheel, RAM HDX clutch, Ford Racing aluminum d/s, Pro50 shifter, Lakewood scatter shield, Strange coilovers, Tokico HP shocks and struts, Maximum Motorsport C/C plates, Steeda Superlite drag springs, BBK longtubes, BBK catted H-pipe, SLP LM1's, Bama 93 octane race tune, Innovate Motorsport MTX-L, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Mach 1 grill delete
motorman524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Vehicle: 1965, ford, mustang fastback
Send a message via AIM to rmodel65 Send a message via MSN to rmodel65 Send a message via Yahoo to rmodel65

have you tried cleaning it?
rmodel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
motorman524
MF Informant

Vehicle: 2000 Mustang GT
jonathan.dallas

Yeah. It worked fine a couple of weeks ago. I pulled my lower intake to fix a misfire and now this. Sounds crazy but could me blocking the egr holes in between the head and intake cause something like this? I also put on a new Accufab throttle body.

2000 Mustang GT
MODS: Manual conversion:TKO600, Spec aluminum flywheel, RAM HDX clutch, Ford Racing aluminum d/s, Pro50 shifter, Lakewood scatter shield, Strange coilovers, Tokico HP shocks and struts, Maximum Motorsport C/C plates, Steeda Superlite drag springs, BBK longtubes, BBK catted H-pipe, SLP LM1's, Bama 93 octane race tune, Innovate Motorsport MTX-L, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Mach 1 grill delete
motorman524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:04 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1965, mustang, problems, stalling