5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

A/C and SMOG delete HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 03:18 PM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

Default A/C and SMOG delete HELP

I just bought an underdrive pulley kit with the smog and a/c delete. When it comes to the to all the unneeded equipment, what should I do with the stuff??? The smog has rubber hoses and one vacuum line that I'm not sure how to handle. As far as it goes with the A/C, I'm not sure how to remove the equipment near the front end of the car.

Thanks in advance! Happy 4TH OF JULY AND THANKS TO ALL TROOPS.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:35 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

did you really buy delete pulleys?

have we taught you nothing?
Old 07-04-2010, 04:02 PM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

I didn't get delete pullies wise-ape.

The only pullies I have on it:

alternator, crank, water pump, and p/s with shorter belt. Yes, its the right size
Old 07-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Bubba 95SN
4th Gear Member

Get plugs for back of heads, cap off air tube by cats.,quick disconnect tool to take lines off condensor. Make sure gas is out of a/c before taking lines off. Why the a/c? Some chick will have her makeup run in your car once. They do not like to sweat. Over 80% throttle and ECU shuts off a/c compressor. It is uncomfortable hot where I live. Folks here usually decine a car without a/c. Save parts for whenever you sell.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:48 PM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

I've had the a/c for 6 years and never used it, plus I had no freon for the last 3 years -- All of the lines were on hand-tight.

Hey,

Is their no need for the EGR when my smog is removed???
If so, does that mean my CEL light is going to go on??

But, saying I keep my smog OFF, I think I'm just going to leave the piping that goes behind the motor - ON - and go to a hardware store and plug the end with a large nut. I just don't know what to do with the small vacuum hose. The other idea was just to leave the smog and accessories - ON - but keep it off the pulley, just to avoid the "plugging" --> But, I'm not sure what is plausible.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:56 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

why do you want to leave all the piping in place? it only takes a few extra minutes to pull it out.

and taking off the EGR is NOT the best idea. It will hurt your gas mileage and will cause a CEL and poor running conditions
Old 07-05-2010, 09:20 AM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

so, how do I plug this stuff????? the piping holes and the dangling vacuum line????

Last edited by cholericfc; 07-05-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:46 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

you can buy vac line caps at the part store. keep in mind, you only cap at the engine. I see people capping lines that run to solenoids and just go *headscratch*... why?

As for the ports on the back of the heads. Come carb cleaner and a battery terminal bottle brush will clean the carbon out of the threads, you can then get two 5/8-11 1" long bolts that will thread right in.

the hole on the H-pipe. I used a piece of rubber emissions hose and shoved an old locking lugnut into it. then clamped it down. never had any issues
Old 07-05-2010, 09:27 PM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

I ended up doing the following:

I bought the bypass/rubber caps that you can buy at any local part store for the vacuum lines, as well as a cap for the piping that goes along back of the motor and the two A/C lines that stick out of the firewall. As far as it goes with the exposed end on the h-pipe, I kept the rubber hose on and put a wheel lock to clamp or cap it off. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:01 PM
dreamer1uk
3rd Gear Member

Did you do anything with the wiring for the smog junk?

Quick Reply: A/C and SMOG delete HELP