5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

1990 Mustang GT Suspension jacked up after fresh alignment

Old 10-29-2010, 03:59 AM
scott351w

Default 1990 Mustang GT Suspension jacked up after fresh alignment

Hows it going guys, just joined the site and this is my first post. Just wanted to say thanks to all the people on here that post great info and pictures to help out all of us Mustang folks.
Anywho I just was wondering if anyone has had or known of an issue where the car teeters from corner to corner or it almost seems as if one of the front wheels is hitting the bump before the other. It all started after I had replaced a tie rod end and then I took it to get a fresh alignment/wheel ballance done. Well after they finished I got on the highway and noticed everytime I hit a bump it would have the teeter effect. I'm not sure if this is due to the car being out of alignment for so long that it just wore the strut/spring wrong and now that it is aligned right you actualy notice it. Or the front of the car has been wrecked and the previous owner had to *custom* align it to get the car to take bumps normal. But when i push on the driver side it feels soft I mean it goes down and up once and holds, and on the passenger side when i push down it barely moves almost like the strut is seized up its so tight, so i lifted it up to see if mabe it would pop loose, and the control arm had the full range of motion, Droped it back down and still real stiff. So any help would be greatly apriciated.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:54 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

where in va are you?? one strut may be bad if one bounces more than the other
Old 10-29-2010, 02:31 PM
scott351w

I live in Virginia Beach, not by choice its where uncle sam wanted me. My wife has family in Petersburg, West Virginia. I'm hoping I get to take leave to go hunting up there. Where's about in WV are you?

And yes, I was thinking the ole stang probably needs some new suspension and other basic things. I think the suspension that's on it is 20 years old. It just had me wondering because the car drove fine untill the alignment. The car is completely originial except for the stereo that i put in it. One of the main reasons I bought it. I had an 1982 Mustang Gt, and when i joined the Navy some kids broke into it and stole the stereo after ripping half the dash out with a pry bar along with the hatch back. And took off my Holly 750cfm street avenger carb and it looks like they tried to get the intake. I had a 351windsor in it. I was so mad I just sold it for 1500$. Ohh well crap happens uknow.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:19 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

^^^bummer!!!.........................I'm in the Charles Town wv, area or what they call the tri state area, within 5 min I literally go from wv, to Va to Md ....lol as for your prob, it's hard to say if the alignment was done properly, without knowing before and after specs and personally looking at vehicle, it's tough to say what they did or didn't do??