Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.
Sponsored by Weld Racing

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Bad CCRM? No Fuel...94 Cobra..

Old 11-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #21
02WhiteGTVert
3rd Gear Member

Found it!!! one of my oil cooler lines' hose clamp was pressed against my coolant temp sensor...it wore away the insulation of the wire so it grounded itself out on that hose clamp. i moved the clamp and the fan didn't come on as soon as i started the car. Whew, i thought that was gonna be a bitch of some wire tracing. Luckily it was something as simple as that!!!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
-1994 5.0L Mustang SVT Cobra #1,440 of #5,009 Built 5/16/1994 ***SOLD***

-2005 Mustang GT bolt ons, tuned, and cams.
02WhiteGTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #22
02WhiteGTVert
3rd Gear Member

i'm assuming that was also what was causing the EEC fuse to blow

Old 11-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #23
ttocs
6th Gear Member

for future reference do not EVER replace a fuse with a bigger one. I installed car audio security for over 15 yrs and I have seen some HORRIBLE accidents from doing that. One customer had to replace his entire ignition wiring in a 2 yr old honda for a total of $3500 and another customer that set his car on fire....
Old 11-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #24
mjr46
Pro-comp heads rule!

Vehicle: 85 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02WhiteGTVert View Post
i'm assuming that was also what was causing the EEC fuse to blow
not likely, since ect is a thermistor and all a short to ground will do is signal to the pcm that resistance is low since a direct ground is provided, AS RESISTANCE goes down temp is precieved to go up, and since you provided a direct path to ground = very little resistance the pcm interpreted this as high engine temp thus signaling the high speed fan operation to cool engine down....now the rubbed through wire would explain why the fans would run right away but not the fuse blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudegirl View Post
Be polite and cordial when you talk to them, as pissing off the guys that can help you is seldom a good idea.
mjr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #25
02WhiteGTVert
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr46 View Post
not likely, since ect is a thermistor and all a short to ground will do is signal to the pcm that resistance is low since a direct ground is provided, AS RESISTANCE goes down temp is precieved to go up, and since you provided a direct path to ground = very little resistance the pcm interpreted this as high engine temp thus signaling the high speed fan operation to cool engine down....now the rubbed through wire would explain why the fans would run right away but not the fuse blowing
I see what your saying..is it a ground only that runs to the ECT sensor? because i believe the insulation was rubbed off both wires..and after i fixed that issue the codes dissappeared for the CPU Failure Mode and Fuel Pump Circuit Open

Old 11-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #26
mjr46
Pro-comp heads rule!

^^^^i'D HAVE TO HAVE A COMPLETE DIAGRAM OF THE SYSTEM.....to see where everything goes to to see possible scenarios.....the online stuff here is nowhere near as complete as what I use at work for troubleshooting....ahhh didn't know both wires had rubbed through..........in that case thermistors such as an ECT varies the value of its voltage output in accordance with temperature changes, so if the fuses is no longer blowing then your prob could be fixed

Quote:
Be polite and cordial when you talk to them, as pissing off the guys that can help you is seldom a good idea.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #27
02WhiteGTVert
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr46 View Post
^^^^i'D HAVE TO HAVE A COMPLETE DIAGRAM OF THE SYSTEM.....to see where everything goes to to see possible scenarios.....the online stuff here is nowhere near as complete as what I use at work for troubleshooting....ahhh didn't know both wires had rubbed through..........in that case thermistors such as an ECT varies the value of its voltage output in accordance with temperature changes, so if the fuses is no longer blowing then your prob could be fixed
Yes it was both wires, the fuse is no longer blowing and it's not showing the ECM Failure code anymore. You and adder are a ton of help on here, you guys are smart like college when it comes to 5.0's

Old 11-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #28
mjr46
Pro-comp heads rule!

no problem^^^^ FYI , I do this for a living, I learn a new thing every day too!!!

Quote:
Old 11-10-2010, 09:29 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1995, 94, bad, ccrm, cobra, cold, constant, control, ford, fuse, module, mustang, relay, replacing, ruff, runs, signs