Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Sponsored by Weld Racing

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
93 stallion
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 93 coupe
Default running rough

A mechanic installed several things in my car. After that I been having a lot of problems with it not running like it was before. He changed out the tb, intake, distributor, n coil. They set the timing already but the car still running rough, it idles good but when it runs, its like pulls. Does any body know what could be wrong or can it be the tb
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
93 stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
mjr46
Wal-mart lube/tire tech

Vehicle: 85 mustang

so which is it?? a mechanic installed a bunch of parts and now it runs rough?? but after that you mention it still runs rough like it did before?? DO you mean a mech installed a bunch of parts in an attempt to correct a rough run issue and it didn't correct the issue??? if such is the case then why are parts being thrown at it , instead of the prob being troubleshot?? who and why were theses parts recommended??? Cause a friggin' tb...doesn't take rocket science to figure that won't fix a rough run...as well as an intake....or did you do the cardnial sin of adding a mod to a engine that was not in perfect running order??? PLEASE FILL IN ALL THE HOLES IN YOUR STORY, cause there are too many!!! explain the issue at hand better!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudegirl View Post
Be polite and cordial when you talk to them, as pissing off the guys that can help you is seldom a good idea.
mjr46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 98 Bucket
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=124700115

i wish people would learn how to speak clear, proper english...

after what i saw out on the road today coming back from Ohio (through the snow... and one of my traps came loose midway through PA...) i think ive lost any and all faith in humanity...

thank god i was driving a friggin Peterbilt not the Mercury lets just put it that way...
PI heads, COMP 270's, LT's, OR X, Bassani, 9.5lb aluminum flywheel, SPEC stg4 clutch, 4.10's, MGW, FRPP DS, 30#, 255lph, BBK 78mm TB, K&N, Weld fat n' skinnies, BFG DR's, power nothing, cage, 5 pts, Corbeau's, and some other stuff

sn95_331_GT_ yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #4
93 stallion
1st Gear Member

Sorry im not an expert, any ways the car was running fine but I wanted to upgrade the intake and tb. When he pulled out the distributor he saw oil in it,So I bought a msd distributor and
the coil. Also all the parts are used.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
nightmare90gt
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1990 mustang gt

never buy a used coil or dizzy i would start at the coil and go from there many people on this forum have had bad luck with msd coils
trick flow twist wedge heads
edlebrock intake
70mm throttlebody
b303 cam about to be trickflow stage 2 cam
3.73 gears
bbk cai
mac longtubes
comp cams 1.6 rockers
mmlca
nightmare90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
mjr46
Wal-mart lube/tire tech

1 of three things, either the mechanic fubared the intake install and there is a vaccum leak, or the parts you bought are bad

Quote:
Be polite and cordial when you talk to them, as pissing off the guys that can help you is seldom a good idea.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #7
stdyhand
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 91 Ford Mustang GT RED

I think mjr is on top of it. I wouldn't have bought used parts though. Usually it isn't much more for new parts and they usually have a warranty, sometimes a lifetime which I look for.

This is also a good example of why I don't trust just any mechanic and why I do as much work as I can myself. It doesn't mean it was the mechanic, but the good part about doing it yourself, if you can, is you know it was done right.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
mjr46
Wal-mart lube/tire tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdyhand View Post

This is also a good example of why I don't trust just any mechanic and why I do as much work as I can myself. It doesn't mean it was the mechanic, but the good part about doing it yourself, if you can, is you know it was done right.
mechanic or not, even if one does it his/herself it all lies in ones tech ability

Quote:
Old 04-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
stdyhand
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 91 Ford Mustang GT RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr46 View Post
mechanic or not, even if one does it his/herself it all lies in ones tech ability
True. Assuming he/she knows what their doing then you know it's done right.

It's been my experience that most "mechanics" do not know what their doing. That's why I ask so many questions and do it myself. I don't mind the work, just got to gain as much knowledge as I can ahead of time.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #10
93 stallion
1st Gear Member

Ok, I will buy a new coil and let you'll know how it works after that.
Thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 12:22 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1990, 2001, 302, 68, bad, driving, fine, ford, good, gt, idles, mustang, rough, running, runs