Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Sponsored by Weld Racing

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-25-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
94-convert-gt

Vehicle: 1994 mustang Gt
Default bad throttle position sensor?

i bought a 94 mustang gt (5.0) BONE STOCK NOTHING AFTERMARKET. it had a bad transmission (aode) no third gear needed to be rebuilt. so i swaped out for one i found on craigslist for 100.00 bucks with a torq convertor off a v6 3.8 i read it has been done many times sucessfully. i went through it as much as i could flushed everthing new fluid filter seals ect. it works great except when i get on it a little. at 60+% throttle it stops accelerating and hangs on to one position of rpms. like 2,000 rpms or sometimes 2500 rpms, and when it does this it will flutter just a little. if i let of the throttle and get back on it a little it will backfire and the act normal again. i thought it might be a throttle position sensor. but that doesnt add up 100% in my mind. also it will throw up a check engine light so i try to pull over real fast to check it on my code reader but it goes off before i get to it every time. it only stays on for like 5seconds. what chould it be? it will acellerate gradualy great. but all at once it wont do it. i have noticed that it is much more sensitive to doing this when it has been driven steadily for awhile.

thanks for reading any advise is very helpfull i'm stumped.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
94-convert-gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:26 AM   #2
AdderMk2
Banned

Vehicle: 94 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to AdderMk2

remove one or both of your O2 sensors from the midpipe. take the car out for a drive and see it it has significantly better acceleration.

this will tell you if you've got bad cats.

Solution: Replace midpipe
AdderMk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
94-convert-gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdderMk2 View Post
remove one or both of your O2 sensors from the midpipe. take the car out for a drive and see it it has significantly better acceleration.

this will tell you if you've got bad cats.

Solution: Replace midpipe
i cut the cats off and cashed them in. i replaced it and reused the H pipe. it ran the same way with the cats as it does now without the cats just a little louder. not a bad idea.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
AdderMk2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94-convert-gt View Post
i bought a 94 mustang gt (5.0) BONE STOCK NOTHING AFTERMARKET.
Quote:
i cut the cats off and cashed them in. i replaced it and reused the H pipe. it ran the same way with the cats as it does now without the cats just a little louder. not a bad idea.

You are a liar, and without accurate information, we cant help you
Old 06-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
94-convert-gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdderMk2 View Post
You are a liar, and without accurate information, we cant help you
LIAR? bone stock to me means added nothing aftermarket nor swaped out anything for aftermarket. that is without exception the only thing i have done. it of course does not have rear o2 sensors thats why i did it. the car dont now i did it. and it did the same without the cats as it did with the cats. i'm sorry i didnt honestly think that counted.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
AdderMk2
Banned

Quote:
LIAR? bone stock to me means added nothing aftermarket nor swaped out anything for aftermarket. that is without exception the only thing i have done. it of course does not have rear o2 sensors thats why i did it. the car dont now i did it. and it did the same without the cats as it did with the cats. i'm sorry i didnt honestly think that counted.
it never had rear O2 sensors to begin with... Are you sure you have any at all?
Old 06-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #7
txjason1
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1995 Mustang GTS
Send a message via Yahoo to txjason1

no 94 or 95 GT EVER had rear o2 sensors. only has 2 upstream. And dont let autozone tell you there are 2 different. They are both same part # no left or right.

1995 GTS 5.0
Wings go with Hot Sauce and Beer..Not Mustangs!
BBK ColdAir, BBK UDP, BBK 70mm TB, Granatelli 80mm MAF, PYPES Violator system w/ X pipe,MSD 6-AL Pro Billet and Blaster coil, Hurst Pro Billet, Centerforce Clutch, New Paint, Cobra "R" 17"x9"
txjason1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:05 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1994, 2005, 40, 50, 94, bad, cats, gt, gut, locations, mustang, position, replacement, run, sensor, test, throttle, tps