5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Computer or fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:06 PM
92droptopgt

Unhappy Computer or fuel pump?

Hello all new to this forum coming from a different but similar forum no names but have been fighting this mustang for a month now! I need some help and as much advice as possible to finish this all the way threw! And drop the top and be done with
It.

Ok so here gos nothing car is my everyday driver well was! Im going to the begining it use to shut off after a miss or two at every red light! Would just start back up every time did that for about a month then got worse would cut out and take a few min of turning the key to get it to start back up again. The last time i drove the car i was leaving my house and it cutt out took a long time to start "alota cranking" i went to the corner store came back was jump starting a car a lincoln mk 7 to be exackt! The car died and would crank and shut off after a second! Then got to a point where it wouldnt start no more!

I went and got somr starter fluid sprayed in intake and it started right up and would die i guess when fluid wore off! I was told sooo many different things i basicly replaced everything but the damn fuel pump and computer im getting low pressure but removed gas tank cleaned it bench tested fuel pump and it worked i hooked up the pump wires an d hoses only and had the pump in a bucket of gas it primed like it s pose to but car wouldnt start i sprayed fluid in intake to help it start but nothing!

Note: the reason im thinking pump is because i couldnt here the pump priming anymore and low pressure 10lbs when i took my plugs out they were a little dirty replaced them
and checkd after no start dry as a bone im thinking not getting gas i have great spark and air?????????? when i took the pump out of buvket and took the lines back off the line going to the enginr was under pressure! Also when i removed the tank and empty the gas there wasnt even a gal there was a quarter tank when this all started if my cars not getting gas wheres it all at? Gas was dirty and sock was dingy looking! I checked fuel filter and emptyed it and blew threw it and it wasnt restricted so im baffled help me please

i really wana drive it! Its wendsday night i get paid friday and im off friday soo will buy whatever it takes might just buy a pump justa see and that dont work ill buy a computer next! But hopefuly yal can help thanx in advanced! Anybody anything?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:21 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

instead of saying "I've replaced almost everything" why dont you tell us what you have replaced, and what steps you have taken to troubleshoot your issue.

And please leave out the non-essential details. They just **** us off.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:10 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

put a pump in it, if that doesn't fix it...how close are you to Frederick???
Old 09-15-2011, 01:31 AM
92droptopgt

Ok! Iv replaced

1. Dizzy

2. IAC

3. EGR

4. Altanater just for the ****s and giggles!

5 tps

6 grounds

7 relays

8 filters "didnt think it would matter but u never no!

Thats it in that order! Um u pist yet? Lmfao

Anyways i will buying a fuel pump kit friday and if it ant that idk? I have spark and air when i say new i mean new! Everything but the fuel pump and computer not over egzadurating either!

this 92 mustang lx 4cyl auto is now a t5wc 5.0 ho maf new new new!

I live in this lovly **** hole we call laurel maryland