5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 01:26 AM
85Twister2GT

Default NEED HELP!!

Ok here's the deal I have a 91 5 Liter LX convertible with a 306 and a AOD, I having a really big problem with it. The problem first off is it runs like crap, It have no timing and runs rich and when it warms up it floods. The check engine light is on and I've tried pull the codes but the scan tool shows no codes. I have installed new O2 sensors and replaced the mass with a 75mm. I was wondering if the ecm (a9p) is trashed, I'm tired of throwing parts at it and not getting anywhere, someone please HELP!!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:46 AM
wizwrath

You got a bunch of things going on, first off, we need more info on your car and set-up. How did it run before, etc.? Why did you switch MAF's? Is it calibrated for your injectors? And what type of scan tool are you using? If you have CEL lighting up, you should be able to pull codes, are you running the scan tool while you are attemping to run the car? If not, you should do so. And there is a difference between running codes and there is deep codes, you should be able to scan for both. get more info (there is no such thing as to much info.), and get beck to us.