Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Sponsored by Weld Racing

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 11-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
ruskiegunlover
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967 fastback
Default Issues with my doors on my 91 LX 5.0.....

Checked everything, everything appears installed correctly and seems to be working. REALLY bugging me that everytime I want to get out, I have to put my key into the car to lower the window 2-3 inches to get the door to open. Starting to get under my skin......From the outside, both doors open perfectly, but from the inside you have to dick around with them to get them to open.......Any ideas? Anyone ever had an issue with this before? Thinking about taking it to Ford to see if they can fix it.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
ruskiegunlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
Js88lx
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 94 Cobra

ok 1st off take your door panels off and check to see that the door levers are still connected from the back! might not be but if they are you prob need new inside door handles!! Doors are easy since there is not much involved!! goodluck,
Js88lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
ruskiegunlover
2nd Gear Member

everything is connected, and WILL work....just not every time. With the drivers side, if the window is all the way up, the door will not open. Put the window down a couple inches, and pull hard on the handle, and it opens. The passenger side requires several pulls of the handle to open it. Getting very irritating.....I think I am going to call Ford, find out what they'd charge me to lok at it and fix it. Its strange, because they WORK, but are very finicky. I also have a new in wrap exterior door handle, but would probably need the internal stuff correct?
Old 11-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
AdderMk2
Banned

Vehicle: 94 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to AdderMk2

bring it to a mechanic... not a dealership. Thats just stupid talk!
AdderMk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Vehicle: 83 GLX, 93 LX, 98 sixer

Well if they work some times....how well? How far do youhave to pull the handle for them to actually work?
projectresto83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
ruskiegunlover
2nd Gear Member

You have to pull them all the way out, several times, and then they'll work (the passenger side). The drivers side, all you have to do is lower the window occassionally, and it will open. SOMETIEMS, the drivers side will open just fine and normally. But, the drivers side does it about 70% of the time.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Vehicle: 83 GLX, 93 LX, 98 sixer

Ok, take your door panel off and see what is wrong with it...Something is missing or bent.....Just because it sometimes work doesn't mean you can't take the few mins to pull the panel off...
projectresto83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:20 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
50, 91, bent, door, fox, hard, lx, mustang, open