5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

starting issue...can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 07:19 AM
StalkerGT
2nd Gear Member

Default starting issue...can anyone help?

for the past week or two my car has been cranking over for a few seconds then turning over....it would usually start right up as soon as i turn the key. It seems to only do it when the car has been driven for a little while. When its cold it starts as soon as the key is turned. Has a new ignition switch and lock cylinder. Can the fuel pump be on its way out? any help would be appreciated!
Old 03-19-2012, 01:08 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Best bet is the ignition module on the front of the distributor.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:21 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by mattdel
Best bet is the ignition module on the front of the distributor.
i concur
Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 AM
StalkerGT
2nd Gear Member

Ok so yesterday i installed a bbk adjustable fuel pressure regulator, phenolic intake spacer, and put a new pcv valve, drove the car around for a while after evertything was installed and the starting issue was gone! very weird! if it does start to do it again i will change the ignition module. Thanks guys!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:47 AM
jona

please can somebody help me why is my engines idle always higher then zero,its always running almost 500 i think or 1000 egine revolutions even in neutral please can you help me out?and why when i start up my engine in the morning every day it starts up with no problem ,but after i leave my car somewhere after driving it and when i want to start it up sometimes it doesnt start up , maybe the second time or the third time but with difficulty

sometimes it doesnt at all and i have to wait30 min
Old 03-21-2012, 05:18 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by jona
please can somebody help me why is my engines idle always higher then zero,its always running almost 500 i think or 1000 egine revolutions even in neutral please can you help me out?
?

You dont know much about engines, do you? Cars don't idle at 0 RPM... thats called "not running"

Originally Posted by jona
and why when i start up my engine in the morning every day it starts up with no problem ,but after i leave my car somewhere after driving it and when i want to start it up sometimes it doesnt start up , maybe the second time or the third time but with difficulty

sometimes it doesnt at all and i have to wait30 min
You are either having an issue with your TFI module or your starter is getting heat-soaked. After you drive somewhere and try to restart the car. Does it crank over just like normal? or does it sound like the engine is having a very hard time turning?

Last edited by AdderMk2; 03-21-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:01 PM
jona

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
?

You dont know much about engines, do you? Cars don't idle at 0 RPM... thats called "not running"

You are either having an issue with your TFI module or your starter is getting heat-soaked. After you drive somewhere and try to restart the car. Does it crank over just like normal? or does it sound like the engine is having a very hard time turning?
Hi bro, dont get me wrong but im from europe and my english i suppose is not perfect i will do my best try to make you understand what i mean:
when i put my car in neutral (its automatic) then the engines rpm is 500 or near 1000 rpm , even when i am not driving ,? why is that? and i found out that my fuel pump is not ok, they checked my cars computer with a computer and readed the computer , and they found out its not ok , that was because one day i had to pick up somebody at the airport and i was running out of fuel the person was outside waiting for me i wanted to fuel it up first but felt ashamed beeing late for the person so i went to him first, after that i went directly to the first fuel station in the are , my cars fuel meter said it had 0 km left once i was at the fuel station, after that i had the problem with starting my car, i also feel i dont have the same power as usual, whenn they readed the engine service soon light i also say some misfire, they said the fuel pump was not ok , and i am waiting now for a new fuel pump and ow yeah, cant they yust repair my stock fuel pump or clean it or something??? please i want you to help me...because i saw the ford local ford in my town are not helping my correctly as they should, they always say its nothing and i am yust to much stressing about my car, while i can see and feel the difference, they guy said for example the misfire is because of bad fuel , while i always fill up my car with the best fuel, and my fuel pump is not ok, and i feel not the same power, i feel power loss, i need your help , i am already getting new fuel pump, will it help? and what should i do about the engine rpm when its in neutral shift its still running almost 1000 rpm,
and my power steering is not ok, also the computer said something about the steering wheel what should i do??? i thank you for your help..

greetings
Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 PM
GTGeno

Just a quick easy thought, if you ran the car so low on fuel try changing the fuel filter. When you run low debris thats in your gas tank can get sucked into your fuel lines and plug your filter.