5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

where did my bottem end power go?!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 10:30 PM
avadio

Default where did my bottem end power go?!!

allright guys here it is. just upgraded to a performace products 70mm throttle body w/ the matching egr spacer. plus a C&L 76mm maf w/ the 76mm inlet pipe..tryed to put my cold air intake back on and the car wouldnt idle. stuck the cone filter on the end of the mass air housing (just like c&l suggest) and it idled perfect. the car is making much more power at higher rpms but ive lost all bottem end power...its bad. i cant even break the tires losse from a dead stop. what am i missing? do i need more fuel?
Old 07-14-2012, 10:43 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

well, number 1 is the maf proper calibration for injectors?
number 2, clock the maf until it runs right. The sweeping air angle ends up funneling around the sensor wire.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:52 PM
avadio

yes i orderd the maf for 19lb injectors. i double checked on c&l's website to make sure they sent me the right calibration tube for my injectors cuz i thought maybe that was my idle problem
Old 07-15-2012, 01:01 PM
avadio

what do u mean by clock the maf? sry my experience is limited
Old 07-15-2012, 01:10 PM
avadio

allright i did some reading and i got whatcha mean by clock the maf...its unneccecary now because i dont have the cai setup. i have the air filter attached directly to the maf housing in a short ram air style setup
Old 07-15-2012, 10:23 PM
lxman1
4th Gear Member

Larger pipe = more airflow. Larger intake, exhaust and camshaft all increase airflow for high rpm use, but the low end suffers due to the lack of restriction. It's a tradeoff.
You shouldn't lose much low end because you are still going into the same intake manifold runners and heads.
What color tube did you get with your MAF? Should be GOLD.

http://www.cnlperformance.com/calibration.html
Old 07-15-2012, 10:51 PM
rydinturbo
2nd Gear Member

has anyone ever notice the charts for sample tubes on there website, nd 50resto are different. i was always under the impression blue was for 73mm 24lb injects on there site its saying different hmmmmn
Old 07-16-2012, 04:55 AM
lxman1
4th Gear Member

Yep. They sent me a blue one for my 73mm with 24# injectors. I checked C&L's website and it said I needed a brown tube. I called C&L and she told me that I needed the Brown tube and that it would make 5 more hp than the blue one. I called LMR and told them that their chart was wrong. They sent me the brown tube fore free. I guess the never bothered to check and update their info.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:23 PM
avadio

ive got the gold tube. i knew there was gonna b a change in the power curve i just didnt realize it was gonna b this drastic. the car screams at high rpm's now. what do u suggest i do to regain bottem end power?
Old 07-16-2012, 02:25 PM
avadio

btw, i really appreciate all ur input

Quick Reply: where did my bottem end power go?!!