5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

idle surging code 67 HELP!

Old 03-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Fordfoxbody88
1st Gear Member

Default idle surging code 67 HELP!

ok i have a 1992 for mustang lx that was a four cyl auto. i have done, the v8 swap and t5, had it running good with a carb on it but now i bought a bunch of efi stuff off of a 93 gt. i cant get it to run right so i pulled some codes and all i got was code 67 first than 81 82 85 84 in that order. the idle surges and when im running below 1500 rpm it starts bucking and stuff and i think it gets worser in every higher gear. i think it has to do with code 67 because since it was a auto the wiring harness running to the computer from the trany tunel isnt right. i dont have the wiring harness for the t5 but i have the 2 wires underneath that wont allow it to turn over wired together but i dont know what the other two wires on the plug are for im guessing reverse light but when i jump the the reverse lights dont light up and i have the plug for the speedometer thing with the gear on pluged in but since it was a auto i dont know if the auto will have a plug under the dash that might need jumoed to make the idle surge go away. also would havin the 4cyl gauges cluster maybe have somthing to do with it i already replaced the iac mass air, tps, deleted the egr valve but it did nothing so i put it back on and put new o2 sensors in it. it has a new fuel pump in it and i checked all the vacuum lines. i dont have any emission stuff on it other than the egr valve. so idk if that could have something to do with it i think that mught be all but also how can the egr valve work with all the lines plugged off and the and not any line runnung to it other than the vacuum line.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Mike T
2nd Gear Member

You need the egr vacuum coming from an egr relay. If you run straight vacuum to it, it will cause your engine to run erratically. Plug the line going to the egr valve and see how it runs.

Last edited by Mike T; 03-07-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

do you have the clutch switches on the pedals hooked up??
Old 03-08-2013, 05:48 AM
Fordfoxbody88
1st Gear Member

okay so i did block the egr valve off before but it did nothing so i put it back on. i went and bought a egr valve and put it on and ran a vacuum line to it than to the egr n it still doesnt run right. could not have vacuum lines goin to certain things maybe cause something or not having the right vacuum line because since this was a four cyl before i just ran vacuum line to what it looked like where they went and to what looked lik it need hooked up. as far as the switch for my clutch i do not because i didnt think it would have the plug under the dash since it was a four cyl. does anyone know if it does have a plug for it? since i didnt have that hooked up i just wired the two wires under the car together to get it to start, any other ideas or things that i could have done wrong?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by Fordfoxbody88
since i didnt have that hooked up i just wired the two wires under the car together to get it to start, any other ideas or things that i could have done wrong?
I told you where you went wrong, you need to fix codes 67, it will cause idle surge, don't believe me??

http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,7333.0.html

Last edited by mjr46; 03-08-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Fordfoxbody88
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
I told you where you went wrong, you need to fix codes 67, it will cause idle surge, don't believe me??

http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,7333.0.html
i do believe you because thats what i think the problemis but im trying to figure out how to fix it and what might be causeing it.if i get a wiring harness for the t5 will that plug into the harness under the car that comes from the computer? and does the automatic have that plug under the dash and if it does is that all i have to do is jump it or plug it in?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:16 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I'd say if it's an auto then just jump it like joel did, are you using an a9l or a9p ecm
??
Old 03-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Fordfoxbody88
1st Gear Member

idk its not a auto now its a 5 speed when it was a 4cly is when it was a auto thats whyim wondering if iteven has that plug under the dash and i there anything that could still needed to be jumped under te car? also anything else that could cause code 67 to come up?
Old 03-08-2013, 09:14 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

if the nuetral switch is not hooked up, that is the first thing to hook up to fix the code 67, right now unless it's wired up that'll be the first reason/issue to correct before assuming anything else, on the auto 5.0 cars the harness is the same as 5 speed cars and they just put a jumper in the connector and tape it to the harness, I know this to be true as I've done a few auto to 5 spd conversions, not sure on the 4 popper cars but I'd imagine it could be the same
Old 03-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Fordfoxbody88
1st Gear Member

okay thank you that helps alot i will try this tommorow hopefully the plug is on the clutch so i can just plug it in instead of jumping it but if you plug the switch in wont it only send current through when the clutch is pushed in or doesnt it matter?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: idle surging code 67 HELP!