5.0L (1979-1995) MustangTechnical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.
Sponsored by Weld Racing
Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
1. Do 8.8 rears bolt right into 4 cylinder fox bodies, being that they had 7.5 rears (at least to my knowledge)?
2. What causes wrinkles/lines on a cowl hood? Can this be due to a quick or poor primer paint job?
3. How hard is it to replace door locks?
4. How hard is it to replace all the dash instruments? They're all apart of a single cluster correct?
5. Do fox bodies use a physical fuel float or some kind of sensor, or a combination of both? Hard or easy to replace?
6. Looked at a notch that was converted to v8, and noticed alot of cut wires. Would this be normal? My suspicion is for the alarm which seemed to be absent. Are there wires that aren't used after the v8 transplant?
Thanks guys, in the market right now and I'm used to buying vintage cars so I'm not as knowledgeable with foxes.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
In such a world as this does one dare to think for himself?
The paradox of power and peace will destroy itself.
1. yes they bolt in, if you wish to add quad shocks, you'll need to tap the holes in the frame for such
Originally Posted by EUTARD
Suggest having a conversation with the highly INEXPERIENCED clowns....D.R the Dork, THE BarnyYard smells like......again and finally staring the highly intelligent and I must say skilled Eutard! UH where did de' go George
Also, I believe depending on year, that the 7.5" cars don't have the floor reinforcement for the pinion snubber that is found on 8.8" 'Stangs. If you're planning on real suspension, that shouldn't be an issue.
edit: Oops... Started at the beginning!
3. Pretty easy... You should be able to find a boatload of how-to stuff on google or youtube
4. Correct.. It's a single cluster, but the individual speedometer and tach (I believe) can be interchanged without big issues. For that matter, my speedo is screwed up, probably just needs a proper cleaning and re-lube, can anyone recommend a good shop?
6. RUN AWAY!!! Cut wires are the sign of a hack job.. Whether or not it needed those wires, they should have done it better than that. I don't care if its a stereo, a car, or your mom's sewing machine, that's the mark of poor craftsmanship.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware
corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford
Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor