Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Sponsored by Weld Racing

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
marlyman
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1988 ford mustang
Default could it be driverseat fuel pump relay ?

Been having some electrical issues when i turn key to on position(not crank it) my fuel pump doesnt prime/turn on...was lookin at crank ok but no start checklist and i folowed my diagrams (veryuseful.com) and im getting power all the way to the fuel pump relay unders driver seat but not to fuel pump...but when i turn to on position the relay makes a "click" sound and i've heard if it clicks that means its working...or could it still be bad ?

I got a long like 12gauge wire an ran from battery to touch underside of relay on certain wires an im able to turn on the pump that way so has to be relay?

Im going to test all the wires off of the relay, find constant 12v then try an find wire that goes to pump from relay and if it doesnt get power when in on position it would have to be the relay right?

I bought a relay/sensor kit awhile back and i got a new fuel pump relay but it looks different and has 1 more wire that the stock relay has going to it...? anyone know ill post pics in a sec to better explain...
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
marlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:13 AM   #2
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1990 lx hatch 5.0

Id just get a new relay and put it in..... 10 bucks is far cheaper than my time spent troubleshooting the circuit. And hell if that's not the problem your can return the relay as long as its still in good condition.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:13 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement