5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

another window problem

Old 04-30-2013, 04:45 PM
slowmotion

Default another window problem

Have been searching through here and see a lot of others have had issues with there power windows. I have a strange issue.
I just replaced my driver window motor and regulator. Before I did this. You could hear the motor running but nothing happened with the window going up or down. The new motor seems to be wired backwards. Up is down and down is up--when it works. I have to manually connect a power wire and ground for the motor to work. it will not work from the switch.
I have changed the power switch from the passenger side to the driver to see if I had a bad switch. Both work fine for the passenger side.

If I connect a power wire and ground the the new motor. it will go up, then down after switching the wires.

At the main switch. I have power to both of the pink wires when the ignition is on. If I move the rocker one way. I get power the the white/black wire. I rock the switch the other way and I get power to the yellow wire.

Only the yellow wire sends power down to the motor. the red wire off the motor is dead and nothing seems to be sending power to it at any time.

Any ideas what I may need to do to get this working?

Right now. I have connectors for both motor wires running up to switch panel and out with another pair of wires for a ground and power from the yellow wire at the switch. This way I can at least change the wires around so I can get the window up and down. it is not pretty but works for now. I have not cut any wires. every thing is as it should. just not working as it should

Is there a way to insert pictures so I can show exactly what I am talking about?
Thanks
Old 04-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

Can't help you other than the last part. Sounds like a head scratcher...

Hit the "go advanced" button, then scroll down to "manage attachments" to add pictures.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

Sounds like an open wire. Check continuity on the wires from the switch down to the motor.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:28 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

I just replaced my door panels in my 94 with panels from an 02. When I pulled off the 94 panels it had a little box connected to the door with wires from the harness plugged to it. I figured it had something to do with the remote lock system and thought nothing of it since I don't have the remote anyhow and just unplugged it and left it screwed to the old panel.

After installing new panels just my driver side window wouldn't work. After chasing wires and checking for dead motors for the better part of a day I remembered that little box and went and unscrewed it and plugged it back into the harness and BAM!! window worked again. I'm guessing it had something to do with the one touch down system control or something for the driver side.
Anyhow food for thought on what's bad.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

That would definitely cause it. If they have an auto window there is a control module that controls that feature. The window will have to go through that module whether or not you use the auto feature.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:00 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

should have posted here before you wasted money on a new motor and regulator...could have fixed it with this for 10$ a side or just used some 10mm nuts for like a 30cent fix... http://www.amazon.com/Bushing-Power-...tor+repair+kit