5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What is this rubber piece in my verts door jam?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 09:15 PM
mebirkle
1st Gear Member

Default What is this rubber piece in my verts door jam?

I have a 90 7-up vert and have a question. I'm redoing all of the seals and trim pieces and have run into an unidentifiable trim piece. It is rubber and sits directly above the striker plate right at the quarter window. i believe it guides the quarter window up and keeps everything all lined up. Both of mine are ripped and I need to get new ones. They seem riveted in.

Does anyone know what these rubber pieces are called and where can I find them?

Thanks Y'all...

W000t 50th post and I can finally upload pics.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:22 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Yeah pictures would help. Is it the big squarish looking thing that has the two black plastic like pins holding it on. Sit's right under the quarter window? I am not sure what it's called either but it may be something that comes with the rubber trim kits.

I have a trim part on my 72 Mach1 that kinda fits that description. It came included with the weather seal kits. May or may not come with ones for the newer cars.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:29 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Would they happen to be these?

If so they are the door belt cap seals.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:31 PM
mebirkle
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Yeah pictures would help. Is it the big squarish looking thing that has the two black plastic like pins holding it on. Sit's right under the quarter window? I am not sure what it's called either but it may be something that comes with the rubber trim kits.

I have a trim part on my 72 Mach1 that kinda fits that description. It came included with the weather seal kits. May or may not come with ones for the newer cars.
Yep, looks just like that. The car is at a body guy as he's doing the trim work. I bought a huuge weatherstrip kit. http://www.blueovalindustries.com/we...ip/ws5070.html

Urgh... It guides the quarter window up, it's square and has a groove for the window.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:32 PM
mebirkle
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Would they happen to be these?

If so they are the door belt cap seals.
Saw them... those are the onces at the door hinges and not on the opening end of the door towards the door jam. I thought they were them at first glance as well. Mine are actually a part of the A-pillar door jam and not part of the door. All rubber pieces on the door have been replaced.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:34 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

I am curious on your car now, I don't think I have ever seen a 7-up edition. Could you toss up some pics sometime?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:46 PM
mebirkle
1st Gear Member

I wish I had some on this computer...

Here's a link to one that is fore sale. Mine has a black top which I'm swapping back for a white one.

http://bringatrailer.com/2011/10/26/...g-7-up-lx-5-0/
Old 05-13-2013, 09:57 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

That's really neat, I am a big fan of the specialty and regional Mustang builds.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:32 AM
mebirkle
1st Gear Member

Thanks! I do love te car. My goal is stock look and sleeper. Mine unfortunately has a salvage title with a door and quarter panel hit. I have a shop going through the old body work and redoing it properly with photos. New door with new welded in panel.

That's why I posted this thread as there is this one piece of rubber on each side of the car which keeps the quarter widows aligned. So close, but so far.

You have quite the garage yourself. Between the GT and the Mach 1, you must have a lot of fun.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:44 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I know which ones you refer to, last I tried searching they are not made/reproduced, I tried looking for them for my vert a year or two ago

Quick Reply: What is this rubber piece in my verts door jam?