Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Sponsored by Weld Racing

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
dwb91lx
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1991 Ford Mustang LX 'vertible
Default BBK O/R H-Pipe Fitment...

Next on the list, is to replace my stock catted H-pipe... to go between my JBA shorty headers & Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back w/ LX tailpipes.

I checked out lots of clips on youtube & still find it tough to get a real sound sample...Thought I would like the O/R X-pipe, but maybe it is a little raspy...Thought about Mac ProChambers...I've been checking out American Muscle's "Project FoxBody" 3-stage video & I'm thinkin' that the BBK O/R H-Pipe they used (also with shorty headers & Flowmaster exhaust) is a pretty good goal for my car.

The only thing I'm a little concerned about is on the AM site...they show quite a few customers with fitment issues...What's up with that? A massed produced stock replacement SHOULD (?) be a good fit. Maybe those guys are trying to fit something into a pipe design that has been previously tweaked? Am I "in for some fun"?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Last edited by dwb91lx; 05-21-2013 at 09:35 AM.
dwb91lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Mike T
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1989 Ford Mustang GT

The BBK H-pipe is made to work with BBK headers.
TW 170 Heads, Stage 1 cam,TFS Streetburner intake, TFS 70mm t/b, BBK ceramic L/T's, BBK h-pipe, Flowmaster 44's, C&L 76mm cai/maf, 24# injectors, Walbro 255lph, 3:55 gears, Weld draglite rims, BBK c/c plates..."Gimme back my bullets, put em back where they belong"-Lynyrd Skynyrd
Mike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
StalkerGT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1990 Ford Mustang GT

I had a Mac Pro chamber...switched to a o/r h pipe....the h pipe sounded alot better than the pro chamber. I think it's all personal preference
trick flow street upper and lower intake, bbk 70mm throttle body, bbk afpr, walbro 255,shorty headers, catless h-pipe, bassani stainless cat back, tremec tko, centerforce df clutch, aluminum driveshaft, full length sub frames, chrome cobra r's, eibach pro-kit, 9mm plug wires, mac cold air, pro 5.0 shifter, sn-95 maf, autometer phantom gauges, cervini's stalker front bumper, cobra r svo hood, 93 cobra wing
StalkerGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
AMShaneLesky
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT Premium
americanmusclefb americanmuscle

OP,

You shouldn't have any issues with this setup! The BBK mid-pipes are designed to meet up with the factory exhaust manifolds as well as headers that meet up with factory Hpipes (such as JBA).

I think you'll be more than happy with the BBK mid-pipe. We love the one on our Fox Project car!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.257.1770 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMShaneLesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #5
dwb91lx
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1991 Ford Mustang LX 'vertible

As soon as I get my emailed $100 discount code from your awesome tire/wheel sale, I Will be pulling the trigger on the H-pipe... Thanks
dwb91lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:51 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement