5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

19lb injectors with TFS Twisted Wedge Heads?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 10:42 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by decipha
I've tuned countless tf setups, I have yet to come across one that didn't exceed the capabilities of 24lb injectors

the ONLY way you'll get 24s to work is if you up the fuel pressure to 60, which then they will function as 28s

best bet just drop some 80s in it and get a meter calibrated for 60s, tune it yourself and be done with it

your best bet for DIY tuning support is at http://www.efidynotuning.com/forum
oh dear that is some misinfo at it's finest....we are installing a track heat intake, car has b or e cam and tfs 170 heads and full exhaust, he does not need 60's or even 80's,.....24's max is all he needs, heck my buddies turbo ride put down 479 at the tire and he runs 60's and they are not maxed.......do you really think this simple h/c/i is gonna put down 500+hp..............I know it won't. I really got a laugh out of "the only way to get 24's to work is up FP to 60psi" ..lol Do you know how many h/c/i fox mustangs are out there with 24's that run no more than 38-39 psi?? tons!! Heck when my 89 had just a h/c/i before the s/c install I ran 24's with stock FP and no issue.......I now have added a t-trim with 13 psi and run 42's with stock fuel pressure and A/F is perfect!! Car puts out over 400 rwhp......explain that on 42's............Maybe you're tunning tfs set ups that are boosted bigtime and you misread his post???.....his set up will be N/A

Last edited by mjr46; 07-19-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:21 PM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
oh dear that is some misinfo at it's finest....we are installing a track heat intake, car has b or e cam and tfs 170 heads and full exhaust, he does not need 60's or even 80's,.....24's max is all he needs, heck my buddies turbo ride put down 479 at the tire and he runs 60's and they are not maxed.......do you really think this simple h/c/i is gonna put down 500+hp..............I know it won't. I really got a laugh out of "the only way to get 24's to work is up FP to 60psi" ..lol Do you know how many h/c/i fox mustangs are out there with 24's that run no more than 38-39 psi?? tons!! Heck when my 89 had just a h/c/i before the s/c install I ran 24's with stock FP and no issue.......I now have added a t-trim with 13 psi and run 42's with stock fuel pressure and A/F is perfect!! Car puts out over 400 rwhp......explain that on 42's............Maybe you're tunning tfs set ups that are boosted bigtime and you misread his post???.....his set up will be N/A
Haha The guy has been a member for 7 years with only 304 posts, He only came back to drum up some members for his diy tuning forum that he is one of 2 administrators, and is the first member of a whopping 20 members. lol I looked at it and it looks very poorly put together for a forum , I would probly skip any advice on that forum. 60 psi.. lmao

I figure he got his hands on a hand held and is playing tuner on his buddies cars.

Get rid of him
Old 07-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dawson1112
Haha The guy has been a member for 7 years with only 304 posts, He only came back to drum up some members for his diy tuning forum that he is one of 2 administrators, and is the first member of a whopping 20 members. lol I looked at it and it looks very poorly put together for a forum , I would probly skip any advice on that forum. 60 psi.. lmao

I figure he got his hands on a hand held and is playing tuner on his buddies cars.

Get rid of him
Hahaha. That is a pathetic forum lol
Old 07-20-2013, 12:46 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by decipha
I've tuned countless tf setups, I have yet to come across one that didn't exceed the capabilities of 24lb injectors

the ONLY way you'll get 24s to work is if you up the fuel pressure to 60, which then they will function as 28s

best bet just drop some 80s in it and get a meter calibrated for 60s, tune it yourself and be done with it

your best bet for DIY tuning support is at http://www.efidynotuning.com/forum
.......Get out!!
Old 07-20-2013, 01:17 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

hey come on now...lets get back to the topic at hand......I have to see the OP next saturday and don't want his thread to become a trainwreck as a result of me...lol
Old 07-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

Is it a stock cam? I think a nicely equipped cam is about the only thing you're missing from your parts bin
Old 07-20-2013, 02:54 PM
89StangGTConvertible
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Duncan_GT
Is it a stock cam? I think a nicely equipped cam is about the only thing you're missing from your parts bin
No. Forgot to mention I have an alphabet cam. Not sure which, as installed by previous owner.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:50 PM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 89StangGTConvertible
No. Forgot to mention I have an alphabet cam. Not sure which, as installed by previous owner.
Oh you got one of those abc engines ... Already been cammed
Old 07-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 89StangGTConvertible
I think Comp makes a pretty good line of cams that is comparable to the abc cams. I dont remember what the line is off the top of my head
Old 01-02-2014, 01:03 PM
decipha
2nd Gear Member

just seen the responses so i figured i should clarify and educate

Originally Posted by Duncan_GT
^^^ what the hell? 80's? He would want 24's at most, although it can live with 19's

In case that sale doesn't happen:
http://forums.corral.net/forums/wind...injectors.html

You'll still need the meter, but I bet it would be hard to find for $100
you don't need a matching meter for the injectors if you tune it

Originally Posted by mattdel
Pressure is a ****ty alternative for volume. Who taught you to tune? Get your money back.
you have no other option when you have inadequate injector capacity

Originally Posted by mjr46
Do you know how many h/c/i fox mustangs are out there with 24's that run no more than 38-39 psi?? tons!! Heck when my 89 had just a h/c/i before the s/c install I ran 24's with stock FP and no issue.......I now have added a t-trim with 13 psi and run 42's with stock fuel pressure and A/F is perfect!! Car puts out over 400 rwhp......explain that on 42's............Maybe you're tunning tfs set ups that are boosted bigtime and you misread his post???.....his set up will be N/A
theres ton's of them out there that aren't tuned properly thus can 'get by'

42*1.6*8*0.8= 430rwhp, you still have a little safety margin

Originally Posted by dawson1112

Get rid of him
I only post on this forum when I get linked here from links on external forums, im the first member because i started the forum, there was only 20 members because
i only brought up the forum a couple weeks before the original post, i don't need to recruit members there thats why i have all the write ups on the homepage, the
forum is just for those questions that arise that aren't specifically discussed in the write ups, you have your own right to be ignorant, you don't want my advice don't listen
but i can guarantee you can call any tuner in the world and they will tell you 24s are inadequate for healthy running H/C/I 5.0, and for the record I have used hand-helds on buddies
cars before, if you want to ban me that wouldn't hurt my feelings any

im just putting the information out there, you can do as you want

and yes i recommended 80s, there's no benefit to getting anything less

Quick Reply: 19lb injectors with TFS Twisted Wedge Heads?