5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Dead...Dead...Dead

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 09:35 AM
MDR

Default Dead...Dead...Dead

Hope someone here can guide me in the right direction.
I had the front clip changed out on this car....It ran when I took it to the frame shop....now....no go.
When you connect the battery cables...the fuel pump starts running, (key off...out of ignition), and the idiot light on the dash comes on, and stays on.
Pressure to the fuel rails.....no spark...no start...ideas / CCRM relay(s) stuck, bad?
Frame shop just scratching their heads, and no help.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:45 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Sounds like they pinched a wire somewhere. Or cut through a wire that's now grounding on the frame somewhere. I'd hazard a guess its somewhere in the ignition wiring, since the pump and dash lights come on. Double check around every where they touched on the car. Circle around anywhere something was replaced on the car and look for cut/frayed/pinched/smashed wires.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:10 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Make the frame shop take it out and get it fixed they obviously caused the issue.

They probly drilled into a harness someplace in one of the fender wells. Or ran a screw into it.