5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

new intake prob. HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 04:07 PM
s-10fan262

Default new intake prob. HELP !

Im putin a new edelbrock intake on my 1994 5.0 mustang gt and im putin it back together and relize i for got to install the pvc baffel on bottom of intake... do i need to take everything back apart to install or is there somethin else i can do.. any probs?
Old 01-03-2014, 05:02 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Thumbs down

LOOK BELOW IN BOLD, YES, DONT FEEL BAD, as me how I felt when I installed standards crank and rod bearings on a turned crank!

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

Before Beginning: This installation can be accomplished using common tools and procedures. However, you should have a basic knowledge of automotive repair and modification and be familiar with and comfortable working on your vehicle. If you do not feel comfortable working on your vehicle, it is recommended to have the installation completed by a qualified mechanic. Keeping a service manual for your specific vehicle on hand for reference is helpful.

REMEMBER: WHEN WORKING AROUND GASOLINE, DO NOT SMOKE, and KEEP ALL OPEN FLAMES, SPARKS AND OTHER SOURCES OF IGNITION AWAY FROM THE WORK AREA. Failure to do so can result in a FIRE or EXPLOSION.
REMOVAL:

Disconnect battery negative cable and drain cooling system.

Disconnect necessary electrical connections, control cables, linkages, vacuum hoses, ventilation hoses, and coolant hoses at throttle body and manifold. Do not disconnect fuel lines unless absolutely necessary. Special tools and procedures are required to re-install fuel lines. See “FUEL LINE REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION”.

Remove distributor cap and spark plug wires as an assembly. Place reference mark on distributor for rotor alignment during reassembly. Remove retaining bolt and distributor.

Remove cover plates, retaining bolts, upper intake manifold and gasket.

Remove accessory brackets attached to lower manifold. Remove heater tube assembly from lower manifold. Remove retaining bolts, lower manifold, gaskets, and seals.

BAFFLE INSTALLATION

IMPORTANT: PCV valve baffle must be installed before manifold is bolted to engine!

Install PCV valve baffle on bottom of manifold using two-drive pins supplied. Hammer pin in the round hole first, then install other pin in the oval hole.

INSTALLATION

Clean all gasket surfaces. Apply Edelbrock Gasgacinch sealant, #9300 to the cylinder head side of the gasket as well as head surfaces. Allow to air-dry.

Install intake manifold gaskets on head.

Eliminate the end seals. Use RTV silicone sealer instead (O2 Sensor Safe). Apply a bead of sealant approximately 1/4” high across the front and rear block end seal surfaces, overlapping the intake gasket at the four corners. This method eliminates end seal slippage and deterioration.

For ease of installation, we recommend using Edelbrock manifold bolt and washer kit #8524. It may be necessary to re-use the original stud bolt to hold heater tube bracket in hole #3 (See Figure 1).

Install lower intake manifold and retaining bolts. Tighten bolts to 15- 18 ft./lbs. in sequence (See Figure 1).

If fuel rail and injectors were disconnected, install components with new O-rings on fuel lines. Use only specified fuel resistant brown O-rings. Lightly coat O-rings with clean O-ring lube (brake lube) before installing. Clean fittings and replace garter spring, if necessary.

Edelbrock-Performer-RPM-II-EFI-Intake-Manifold-(86-95-5.0L)

Old 01-14-2014, 07:04 PM
15austin
3rd Gear Member

A simple Yes would have been easier
Old 01-14-2014, 08:35 PM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 15austin
A simple Yes would have been easier

what do you care how he answered it?