Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Sponsored by Weld Racing

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
J_Dawg

Vehicle: 1995 Ford Mustang GT
Question 1995 Mustang keyless entry remote will not unlock/lock when the button is pressed.

Hey everyone I had a quick question regarding the 95's keyless entry remote. I bought my car last year from the original owner and at the time, the remote worked perfectly. Every time I tried to lock/unlock the car or open the trunk, the remote worked. Now, I have to press the button multiple times to get it to function. Sometimes holding down the button on the remote will get it to unlock. Other times, I end up pressing the button for a couple of minutes and eventually it will just work.

I can't seem to find a pattern to when the remote decides to not work, but I have noticed that if the car has been sitting a while it has a harder time unlocking/locking than if I've just driven it.

I just bought a couple of batteries for the remote and I'm going to try replacing them, but if anyone has any suggestions as to what else the problem could be, I'd appreciate it.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
J_Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:00 PM   #2
mjr46
Wal-mart lube/tire tech

Vehicle: 85 mustang

put some new batteries in it and retry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudegirl View Post
Be polite and cordial when you talk to them, as pissing off the guys that can help you is seldom a good idea.
mjr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:25 AM   #3
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1995 mustang GT
ItsUrFuneral

LOL yes new batteries.
ENGINE363 fully forged dart engine on the way with more spray!TRANNY C4 with trans brake, 3800 stall, 9in. raceconverter, hurst shifter REAR Moser 35 spline kit with spool, FRPP 3.73 gearsSUSPENION UPR pro street Uppers & lower control arms, Strange 10 way dampers, coilovers up front, BBK sub frame connectors, UPR Tube K-member & A-arms10.57@123.9 (OLD 5.0)
2011 CamaroSS 12.34@110.92

bluebeastsrt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:41 AM   #4
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

Yep, probably the battery. Let us know if replacing it helps.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:41 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement