Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Sponsored by Weld Racing

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
2nd Gear Member

Default valve cover bolts question (stems, locations, etc)

all,
the image below is of the valve cover bolts that came off my 95 gt. i assume they are the originals, but have no proof.
so, as you can see, they are a couple different lengths and some have stems for some reason.
my question is, do these go in certain spots, or can i just put them wherever i want. i cant think if what the bolts with the stems are for, so i want to be sure before i put things together
thanks in advance
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 09-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
SWGSSSlacker

Vehicle: 1990 Ford LX Notch

The stims are for attaching a bundle or spark plug wires to the valve covers to keep them away from the headers. From the factory you car had a device that held 3 to 4 spark plug wires and that device slid over those stims. As for the different lengths .... good luck with that.
SWGSSSlacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWGSSSlacker View Post
The stims are for attaching a bundle or spark plug wires to the valve covers to keep them away from the headers. From the factory you car had a device that held 3 to 4 spark plug wires and that device slid over those stims. As for the different lengths .... good luck with that.
hey thanks!
i took a look in the garage and found the clips. i didnt remember them being attached to the bolts. nice. only problem is i only could find 3 of the 4 small ones that go on the stems. i have all 4 of the big ones that dont go on the stems.
thanks again
Old 09-01-2014, 05:46 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement