5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What Cam is good for my combo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 01:25 AM
barnett468
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about when it comes to ED Curtis and it take a lot of ***** to bash the man on another site which he doesn't frequent..........maybe I should post this link for ED to read over on the Corral. Thing is Ed runs a bussiness and doesn't have time to waste with window shoppers who want something for nothing. I have bought from him numerous times and have over 200+ emails saved that detail all the help he has given free of charge and he has even taken time in the past to call me personally to iron out an issue. Why don't you call Ed out over on the corral?? Or maybe I should post a link to all the idiotic responses/advice you make over there............When was the last time you've been a national race champion?? I think Ed's achievements speak for themselves as well as his abilities.
well i do know what i am talking about regarding ed curtis. this has nothing to do with the quality of his work, mainly his attitude. i am well aware that MANY people that have cams ground by him are happy with them.

feel free to post my comments on the corral, do you really think a threat like that scares me or anyone for that matter, lol. then he can come over here and be unprofessional and obnoxious over here and ruin peoples threads here too.

one of the moderators here left the worlds biggest mustang site to get away from people like him so i doubt that he will be amused if eddie or his side kicks start their c__p over here. this is a nice low key site for a reason.

he is unprofessional in his responses to people and there are many on the corral that feel the same way, lol.

he responded to your emails because he made money off of you and hopes to again, lol.

there are others that PAID HIM and got very poor communication sand delays in parts delivery. just because you got good service doies NOT mean that EVERYONE has and vise versa.

Both chris straub AND Buddy Rawls are a bazillion times more courteous and professional than eddie and offer far more detailed and helpful info on forums than eddie WITHOUT trying to sell the people they help something at every turn.

forums have a dedicated area for venders to post their contact info and items for sale. it seems a bit self serving for dealers to do that in the help sections.

the reason he does not post here is simply because there is little money to be made by hawking his wares here.

Last edited by barnett468; 09-14-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:02 AM
barnett468
4th Gear Member

...maybe I should post a link to all the idiotic responses/advice you make over there............
LOL, I would literally pay you to do this. It would be the funniest thing in the world.

Also, your comments to me are abrasive and unwarranted, and imo, they are also childish/immature and is one xlnt example of the types of names your hero "eddie" calls others on forums, lol.

My comments were about "eddie" and what an a hole he is to some people for no valid reason and were addressed to the op. I made no comments to you whatsoever and for you to call me idiotic for simply stating FACTS, is not only childish/immature, it is also simply ridiculous. It also seems incredibly bizarre to me that you are so vehemently defensive of him and his "good" name, lol.

Also, please post your qualifications that qualify you to judge the advice/suggestions I or anyone offers, much less your qualifications to tell a sanitation worker how to dump your trash.

I think Ed's achievements speak for themselves as well as his abilities.
First of all, it doesn’t really take a lot of skill or brains or conditioning to drive a car in a straight line for just an 1/8th or 1/4 of a mile, lol.

Secondly, just because a person is a National Champion at ANYTHING, it does not make them a good or professional or polite and courteous person.

This is not only simple logic it is a simple fact which I have personally experienced firsthand racing against National AND World Champions and many other top ranked professionals. Although some level of skill is involved to achieve what eddie has, it is still a bit like comparing a professional mini bike rider to a professional motorcycle rider.

His name and the class he is “champion” of, should not be compared to or even be mentioned in the same sentence as the likes of John Force etc.. This comment is nit intended to diminish the accomplishments of his success in that class or the accomplishments of others that have dine well in that class, but in reality, it simply pales in comparison to some of the other classes.

People are certainly free to worship and idolize their hero's the same way you seem to worship and idolize "eddie".

Some people worshiped Lance Armstrong. Some worshiped Barry Bonds. Some worshiped Stalin, lol.

When was the last time you've been a national race champion??
I have beaten some of these Champions while they were the reigning Champion and have also won several pro races and some series.

So now its YOUR turn to answer your own question. When was the last time YOU beat a National Champion of ANY kind at ANYTHING. It can even be checkers or badminton etc.. I won't be holding my breath for your answer, lol.

Last edited by barnett468; 09-14-2014 at 05:48 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:44 AM
barnett468
4th Gear Member

mjr46;

I don’t plan to reply to any more of your posts on this thread out of respect for the gun jam and the other moderators and the op and other members of the forum irregardless of their content but if you want to call me or others idiotic or worse, I guess you are free to do so.

This is a nice peaceful forum and I hope it stays that way.

If you have issues with my posts, I suggest you contact gun jam or simply send me a pm.

Courteous respectful posts will be met with the same.

Last edited by barnett468; 09-14-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:13 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

LOL looks like this thread has run it's course.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:19 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
lol and the op still has no idea what cam to choose
Old 09-14-2014, 07:24 AM
barnett468
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dawson1112
lol and the op still has no idea what cam to choose
I think I mentioned that imo the Comp XE270HR he was looking at would be one good option but...I don't remember anymore, lol.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:41 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by barnett468

Also, your comments to me are abrasive and unwarranted, and imo, they are also childish/immature and is one xlnt example of the types of names your hero "eddie" calls others on forums,
hypocrite....... you're doing exactly what you are now calling me out for.........remember who the one is that came to another forum to bash a man whom "you" have no ***** to bash on the fourm where "he " resides....now that IMO is "childish" and something I won't hold my breath waiting for a response over on the corral.....

Last edited by mjr46; 09-14-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:44 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by barnett468
I think I mentioned that imo the Comp XE270HR he was looking at would be one good option but...I don't remember anymore, lol.
seriously, who died and made you competent about choosing cam profiles......this advice shows you have no clue
Old 09-14-2014, 07:58 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
which is why it's done now oh and for those who read this thread in the future and want to see how much of an ignorant clown barnett468 is, here is a link to his stupidity over on the corral that seems to follow him whatever forum he trolls on and by the way for those who don't know, he is going by the name "autosport" over on the corral after he was banned from his original screen name, which will happen here too if he returns!
http://forums.corral.net/forums/5-0-...k-lifters.html

link no good now...mods deleted thread to his bafoonery and banned his sorry ****...again...

Last edited by mjr46; 10-12-2014 at 08:11 AM.