5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

help 7.5 to 8.8 rear end control arm issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 01:11 PM
84CopperGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
UPR is just as good and competitively priced to the other two you mentioned. Nothing wrong with UPR.
I know a former employee and he straight up said he would never use UPR stuff on his car. The reason they are priced competitively priced is they buy other companies parts, copy them, and then sell the design as their own. They don't develop or R&D anything. I personally know 2 other people that have had issues with UPR control arms, one of them had a control break when we were jacking the car up to change the diff fluid. UPR claimed he must had been making too much power for the control arms to handle it, yet they advertise that Brad Brand uses their control arms in his 2500 hp notchback.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:41 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 84CopperGT
I know a former employee and he straight up said he would never use UPR stuff on his car. The reason they are priced competitively priced is they buy other companies parts, copy them, and then sell the design as their own. They don't develop or R&D anything. I personally know 2 other people that have had issues with UPR control arms, one of them had a control break when we were jacking the car up to change the diff fluid. UPR claimed he must had been making too much power for the control arms to handle it, yet they advertise that Brad Brand uses their control arms in his 2500 hp notchback.
I don't have a friend of a friend but I do run them on my car and I've already ran mid 10s on them with no issues at all! Ever think this "FORMER" employee says that because they probably canned his ***? And your buddy that broke a control arm jacking up the car......Tell him the jack goes under the unibody and not the control arm.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:57 PM
84CopperGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
I don't have a friend of a friend but I do run them on my car and I've already ran mid 10s on them with no issues at all! Ever think this "FORMER" employee says that because they probably canned his ***? And your buddy that broke a control arm jacking up the car......Tell him the jack goes under the unibody and not the control arm.
we had the jack under the subframe connectors.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:19 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Sorry I missed this thread until now. I was at SGMP supporting our racers.

Originally Posted by Force4
They are the Summit Series upper/lower rated for 350hp. I havnt really beat on my car since I put them in so its not like its a powered related problem. I am debating between UPR and BBK series. Both look very nice.
UPR is the way to go. Our arms are Made in America and they carry a Lifetime Guarantee. Plus, I can offer you a forum discount.

My 84 had UPRs. I don't recommend them. go with a quality set up like Team Z or Maximum Motorsports. Remember, you get what you pay for, if they are priced cheap, they don't R&D but copy other designs.
LOL! UPR is as good or better. You're claiming UPR copies other companies, but you're pushing Team Z?? That's ironic!

Okay, so a former employee is slandering the company, and that didn't raise any flags for you?? Just so we're clear, David Pearson just ran a 1.08 60-foot time on UPR suspension and 275 radials at NoMercy5 at SGMP a couple days ago. If our suspension can handle his car which has been 4.23 @ 172, then it can handle anything.

Name:  pearsonbanner_zps79cd21c0.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  142.8 KB
Old 10-02-2014, 06:34 PM
84CopperGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Okay, so a former employee is slandering the company, and that didn't raise any flags for you?? Just so we're clear, David Pearson just ran a 1.08 60-foot time on UPR suspension and 275 radials at NoMercy5 at SGMP a couple days ago. If our suspension can handle his car which has been 4.23 @ 172, then it can handle anything.

Actually he said he wouldn't use UPR, he never said why. That is not slandering. I know for a fact he moved back to GA to help out with his mother in law, and that would be a long commute to still work at UPR. His car has full Maximum Motorsports stuff.

I also have a buddy that only drag raced his car snapped both LCAs at the weld. Stock engine 93 Cobra. The car literally drives onto and off the trailer when it's not at the track.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:28 AM
64bit
2nd Gear Member

That moment when UPR claims their parts are phenominal by citing a car that runs 170+ mph in the 1/8th.

That kinda a shady way at marketing your product. How about you show up a car that has a more realistic power level, or maybe one that is class required to run a stock or direct bolt in replacement rear suspension.

1.1 second 60' in a car that likely makes in excess of 1500hp. Kinda sad. My 600hp SN95 runs 1.3-1.4 consistently at 3250lbs. I highly doubt that UPR components would make my car any faster off the line.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:35 PM
84CopperGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 64bit
That moment when UPR claims their parts are phenominal by citing a car that runs 170+ mph in the 1/8th.

That kinda a shady way at marketing your product. How about you show up a car that has a more realistic power level, or maybe one that is class required to run a stock or direct bolt in replacement rear suspension.

1.1 second 60' in a car that likely makes in excess of 1500hp. Kinda sad. My 600hp SN95 runs 1.3-1.4 consistently at 3250lbs. I highly doubt that UPR components would make my car any faster off the line.
I guarantee that car is not using the same parts we would buy except maybe the springs anyways. Like Brad Brand it's most likely parts customized to that car only, and not production parts. You can tell by the picture that the rear coil-overs are not in the factory location and it's a cut down 9 inch rear end.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:02 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 64bit

Here's my daily driver:

I guarantee that car is not using the same parts we would buy except maybe the springs anyways. Like Brad Brand it's most likely parts customized to that car only, and not production parts. You can tell by the picture that the rear coil-overs are not in the factory location and it's a cut down 9 inch rear end.
They are bolt in UPR control arms.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:51 AM
64bit
2nd Gear Member

Sharad, once again... not relevant information to THIS group.

Show us a 79-95 that can best a 1.4 60', that makes less than 450hp.

Using UPR parts.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:27 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Best a 1.4??? Setting the bar pretty high for street cars aren't you? I hit 1.49 using their upper & lower control arms with strange 10 way dampers and slicks. The rest of the suspension was stock at the time. I was in the 430-460HP range with the 5.0 and the 200 shot.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 10-13-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Quick Reply: help 7.5 to 8.8 rear end control arm issue