5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

88 5.0L HO LX, I want to make this baby scream!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 10:04 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by nosy324
HOW ABOUT THIS. Write a list of what i can get on my budget. dont bully and put me down because I dont have a ton of money right away. I came here for help on what to get with what I have. I will be contacting an admin to clear this up and maybe switch forums.
Did you even bother to click on the on3 link??
Old 11-13-2014, 10:08 PM
nosy324

Originally Posted by mjr46
Did you even bother to click on the on3 link??
yes i did.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:33 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

yes i did.
so what is even your budget?? 1000 a month every month?? how fast do you want your car?? scream is realative to ones own opinion.....put a number on it....also is your ride Speed density still? if so might wanna slow down on the ole cam install/choice as adding a cam with to much overlap on a SD car will lower vaccum and screw with load calculations from the map sensor........answer the above and define what you want to hear/work with.......and maybe we can get this on track and show you who knows what's up. If you want to do it with out boost then say so! so no more recommendations regarding such are posted up.....help us out some by not being so ambiguous also your thread has been cleaned up of any off topic stuff and relavant info remains that is on topic

Last edited by mjr46; 11-13-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:00 PM
nosy324

so what is even your budget?? 1000 a month every month?? how fast do you want your car?? scream is realative to ones own opinion.....put a number on it....also is your ride Speed density still? if so might wanna slow down on the ole cam install/choice as adding a cam with to much overlap on a SD car will lower vaccum and screw with load calculations from the map sensor........answer the above and define what you want to hear/work with.......and maybe we can get this on track and show you who knows what's up. If you want to do it with out boost then say so! so no more recommendations regarding such are posted up.....help us out some by not being so ambiguous also your thread has been cleaned up of any off topic stuff and relavant info remains that is on topic
300-400 hp, $1500 this wednesday and $1000 next month, $600 credit limit. I want to hear that lumpy muscle car sound and I want to smoke any idiot in town that decides his ricer or other car is "fast". yes i can do it with nos or turbo but i want to maybe see what i can do without it first. I was offered a ZEX dry kit for my car for 300 with a 15lb bottle. I have an explorer intake in the shed along with gt40ps. I dont need to use them but there are there for a option. I am looking to do the top end first. I have bbk headers, 4 car magnaflow dual exhaust and a cold air intake. other then that its BONE STOCK. This wednesday will be my first upgrade and that is why I am here to figure out what to buy. I currently CANNOT get a new tranny or gears due to having no space(it will have to happen next summer). And the shops in town charge more then a good hooker. I want abit more low end power and torque as it seems to not have alot untill higher rpms.

Last edited by nosy324; 11-13-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:36 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

300-400 hp, $1500 this wednesday and $1000 next month, $600 credit limit. I want to hear that lumpy muscle car sound and I want to smoke any idiot in town that decides his ricer or other car is "fast". yes i can do it with nos or turbo but i want to maybe see what i can do without it first. I was offered a ZEX dry kit for my car for 300 with a 15lb bottle. I have an explorer intake in the shed along with gt40ps. I dont need to use them but there are there for a option. I am looking to do the top end first. I have bbk headers, 4 car magnaflow dual exhaust and a cold air intake. other then that its BONE STOCK. This wednesday will be my first upgrade and that is why I am here to figure out what to buy. I currently CANNOT get a new tranny or gears due to having no space(it will have to happen next summer). And the shops in town charge more then a good hooker. I want abit more low end power and torque as it seems to not have alot untill higher rpms.
is the car still speed density.....you need to answer that first. and 300-400 flywheel or rear wheel hp are you shooting for??

Last edited by mjr46; 11-13-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:31 AM
nosy324

is the car still speed density.....you need to answer that first. and 300-400 flywheel or rear wheel hp are you shooting for??
its stock so i guess speed density. but I will change that if required. and I was thinking at the wheels but i can settle for at the flywheel if that is out of my reach?
Old 11-14-2014, 12:40 AM
nosy324

Also sorry if I was abit of a dick or something. Just my car is my world and I just want to do the best i can for my money on it.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:42 AM
nosy324

Also this is some pictures of my motor. Nothing special and since it has been cleaned up abit. these are just whats on my computer atm, they were taken two years ago

http://imgur.com/s18oYAl,ssXKdur,QP2S9VC,Nfq8XAe#0
Old 11-14-2014, 01:11 AM
nosy324

Would this conversion kit work http://shop.fiveologyracing.com/1986...N-KIT-MMAK.htm
Old 11-14-2014, 05:34 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Also this is some pictures of my motor. Nothing special and since it has been cleaned up abit. these are just whats on my computer atm, they were taken two years ago

http://imgur.com/s18oYAl,ssXKdur,QP2S9VC,Nfq8XAe#0
well now we're getting somewhere......now aren't you glad you hung in there with me........goes to show who knows what to ask/recommend..................yes you are still speed density, you don't want to add a cam right now, first step is convert to mass air!!! and do one mod at a time so you know that the mod is taken well......meaning if the car runs fine now it still should after the mass air conversion and if it doesn't you'll know the prob is related to work done to that specific mod.....make sure car is in runnning order and good before mass air conversion, I've done more than one maf conversion....lol, you'll need the maf conversion kit and in the process you'll move a few pin to different locations and have to rn a few new wires for some sensors for the eec iv tests the ecm runs, the maf conversion instructions usually are detailed......so stop with the heads/cam mod until you are ready for it, meaning until after you have converted to maf, because 99% of the cams out there for roller motor mustangs will not work well for speed density.

Quick Reply: 88 5.0L HO LX, I want to make this baby scream!