5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Please help, I am new to this forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 01:15 AM
mustang914lover

have a 95 mustang gt 5.0 5 speed tht just recently started missing at a mid rpm range. if i floor it then it runs great but when i cruise in a higher gear around 2000rpm it has a miss like its running out of fuel or something. iv been working on cars for a long time but this one has me stumped. sometimes it runs as its supose to at all rpms an then sometimes it has a miss to it around 2000rpms or aroumd tht area. i tried pulling spark plug wires off one by one but none of them make a difference an tht doesnt make since to me. but if i floor it wide open it runs good as it should. need some expert help please. iv cleaned the maf an within the last week iv put brand new msd ditributor cap an rotor button on it, msd coil, 8mm accel wires that u put togather urself, wix fuel filter, ngk v power plugs, cold air intake. all togather it has cold air intake, bbk long tube headers, bbk dual exhaust, e303 cam an basically everything else is stock. anyone that has any advice to help would be much appreciated. iv listened for vacuum leaks, checked the wires at nite an not split fire from anywere, iv tryed moving the timing a little bit but nothing has helped. please any advice would be appreciated. mainly misses wen under a load at a low rpm an try giving it more gas an it dont wana go like its running out of gas or something.i didnt think gapping the spark plugs would make tht much of a difference cuz there brand new along with all the other tune up items. please help with any info. thank u.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:33 AM
warndestroy

Guys mind if I post here ? Lol I'm new as heck like this guy and I'm having some
Problems with my
01 gt wondering of someone could shed some light on a few questions I had ! I'd appreciate it thank un
Old 02-25-2015, 04:51 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang914lover
have a 95 mustang gt 5.0 5 speed tht just recently started missing at a mid rpm range. if i floor it then it runs great but when i cruise in a higher gear around 2000rpm it has a miss like its running out of fuel or something. iv been working on cars for a long time but this one has me stumped. sometimes it runs as its supose to at all rpms an then sometimes it has a miss to it around 2000rpms or aroumd tht area. i tried pulling spark plug wires off one by one but none of them make a difference an tht doesnt make since to me. but if i floor it wide open it runs good as it should. need some expert help please. iv cleaned the maf an within the last week iv put brand new msd ditributor cap an rotor button on it, msd coil, 8mm accel wires that u put togather urself, wix fuel filter, ngk v power plugs, cold air intake. all togather it has cold air intake, bbk long tube headers, bbk dual exhaust, e303 cam an basically everything else is stock. anyone that has any advice to help would be much appreciated. iv listened for vacuum leaks, checked the wires at nite an not split fire from anywere, iv tryed moving the timing a little bit but nothing has helped. please any advice would be appreciated. mainly misses wen under a load at a low rpm an try giving it more gas an it dont wana go like its running out of gas or something.i didnt think gapping the spark plugs would make tht much of a difference cuz there brand new along with all the other tune up items. please help with any info. thank u.
Originally Posted by warndestroy
Guys mind if I post here ? Lol I'm new as heck like this guy and I'm having some
Problems with my
01 gt wondering of someone could shed some light on a few questions I had ! I'd appreciate it thank un

Please start your own threads !
Old 02-25-2015, 04:57 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Paul8755
K, I finally posted pictures of my cars under my profile, please feel free to look and tell me what you think of my mustang.
Thanks for looking.
I can not believe that someone put all those badges on the car. The only one that belongs there is the 5.0 badge and its not even in the right position. The cobra and the aniversery badges do not belong nor does that cheesy gt300 sticker.

Bottom line is the car is a GT with cobra intake and a blower with some cobra R side skirts. If the guy was trying to make a cobra clone he failed as the back bumper is 100% GT. If it was a true cobra it would be worth close to 8k-10k I hope you didn't pay more than about 5k for it.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:47 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by warndestroy
Problems with my
this is the 5.0 section, try the 4.6 section. thank you.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:28 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

OP how much boost does the supercharger produce? If it's a typical 6 pounds basic supercharger kit I'm going to say your probably making about 320 crank horse power instead of the stock 215. But there is still a lot of unknown variables like the cam in the car . ETC. What it looks like is you have a nice clean GT VERT with a cobra intake. That's a very common mod. And an aftermarket supercharger. That car needs a lot of the ricer badges and junk removed. Get a heat gun and remove the vinyl gt300 stickers. It'll clean up the appearance of the car and you wont look like a confused 16 year old driving down the street. I mean all that thing needs is an SS and a GTR badge to finish it off! The car itself look real good. I'm not bagging on the car just the previous owners tastes! I could see that car selling for $7000 here in Jersey. I posted a few of your pics in the thread just so people can see what your talking about.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 02-25-2015 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:49 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Old 02-26-2015, 09:04 AM
Paul8755

Again, thanks for your honest opinion.
Like I said I am a Corvette man and this is the first time I buy a Ford.
Seems to me that I now have to take off the GT Tape at least so people don't make fun of me in the streets.
I really do not want to take off the other badges because it will leave holes in the body, I paid $9000 for it and has only 65,000 miles on it, passed smog with flying colors and runs great, I have had lots of cars including: 1990 911 Carrera, I do not drive fast I just take them for a nice Sunday drive to enjoy them that's all, I guess I was taken on this deal, you win some you loose some!
Do you think I should buy other chrome rims to make it look better?
Please, call me so we can chat a bit more
Paul (661) 400-9819
Thanks for your honest opinion.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:36 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

I think it's a sharp looking vert, besides the excessive badging lol. Those should all be held on with 2 sided tape so a heat gun will remove whichever ones you want. The decision on chrome rims is up to you, I think it looks good as is. Congrats and enjoy your top down cruising.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:49 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

cobra emblem and 5.0 emblem as well as others won't leave holes, they affix with double sided tape

Quick Reply: Please help, I am new to this forum