5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

3rd Brake Light Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 06:15 AM
biggaro1

Default 3rd Brake Light Wiring Harness

new member here. I have a 1989 Mustang GT (I am the original owner) that I have been restoring over the years. My question is can anyone tell me where the wiring harness from the deck lid (3rd brake light wiring) plugs into inside the car? I have the cabling from the deck into the car roof, but for the life of me can't remember where it connects inside the car and cannot locate another harness inside the car where it can plug in. I've checked my service manual (Ford service manual) and it doesn't show this either. I'm thinking I covered something with the new carpet, but didn't want to pull up the carpet until I knew for sure. Any help would really be appreciated.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:59 PM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

Is this in a hatch car or a vert?

Hatch car has a long cable that runs up the left quarter panel that then runs into the hatch at the roof and down to the left side of the hatch near the large oval body plug.

On a coupe car there is a harness that runs under the rear shelf to the left side and then plugs into a connector in the left quarter panel.

Not sure if a vert is similar to a coupe or not. Ive never messed with a vert car.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:46 PM
biggaro1

Originally Posted by Boss_Hotrod
Is this in a hatch car or a vert?

Hatch car has a long cable that runs up the left quarter panel that then runs into the hatch at the roof and down to the left side of the hatch near the large oval body plug.

On a coupe car there is a harness that runs under the rear shelf to the left side and then plugs into a connector in the left quarter panel.

Not sure if a vert is similar to a coupe or not. Ive never messed with a vert car.

Thanks for the reply. This car is a hatch back.