5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

A S S H O L E S Driving Eclipses(share your stories)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 03:16 PM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: A S S H O L E S Driving Eclipses(share your stories)

the last ricer I raced was a srt-4, I saw him in my rear view, so I slowed down a little to let him catch up, we pulled up to a red light, and he looked over and had this huge smile on his face, didnt rev it up or anything, but I knew he wanted to race.

the light went green, and I blew by him, once I hit around 150kph I slowed down and he blew by,
we were on the same road for a while, and he slowed till he was beside me and he kept hitting the gas, then slowing down, I had to show him that his 4 banger was no match.
so I floor it from about 70kph, I only slightly pulled on him this time.

nobody wants to race me anymore, they hear the lope of my cam, and they know better.

the only people that want to race are mustangs.

I was on a freeway, and I saw a '05 mustang in my rear view mirror, so I slowed to let him catch up, he got next to me and they were looking and nodding, so as soon as the car in front turned on the offramp, I gunnned it and he didn't even keep up, I slowed down and when he passed he didnt even look, it was just a 6 banger.

Old 02-20-2006, 03:27 PM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

they're are a few ricers in my area but they know not to mess with the V8's

this one kid though, used to always think if he passed me he was faster... so one day i caught him in his brothers ride which is a 240sx with around 8 grand in it, all cosmetic work and some boltons. anyway he guns it.. i see no one in sight so i gun it too. im already catching up and about to pass him. were going about 90 now, and i hit 110 before i see this bigass turn. i slow down to about 80 and he flies by me at about 120. what happens? he misses the turn and flips the car. luckily a tree stopped it and he got out, didnt know what happend. i told him he just flipped his brothers car into a tree.

this is why i stopped racing on the streets, too many idiots
Old 02-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Blue Oval
4th Gear Member

those stories are all really funny. so far ive only had one race, against a chick in her '06 lancer that thought her 120hp engine was god. needless to say i spanked her pretty bad
Old 02-20-2006, 03:38 PM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

blue oval your hatch is sick man

is that a cobra hood?

i wanna get a saleen wing and cobra-r hood
Old 02-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Blue Oval
4th Gear Member

thanks the hood is a cervini's 2.5" cowl hood and the wing is a saleen whale tail.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:49 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

i used to have a 1g tsi as my daily driver..... went low 12's all day long. i had less than 6k in the car including the price of the car and it killed 9/10 cars it came up agaist v8 or not they can be very badass if you know what you're doing
Old 02-20-2006, 03:51 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blue Oval

those stories are all really funny. so far ive only had one race, against a chick in her '06 lancer that thought her 120hp engine was god. needless to say i spanked her pretty bad
i wondered what happened....so it really was just a stock lancer and she thought she would win?? haha btw you have one of the cleanest 4eyes ever
Old 02-20-2006, 03:58 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Champ561

One of the kids I met at this meet I used to go to has a eclispse with a fully built motor nothing in it is stock it is the sickest import I have ever seen in my life anywhere tv,mags etc. Now the shop that built it for him gave him a dyno sheet that put down 540 hp to the wheels. He didnt/couldnt believe it so he took it to another shop and had it dynoed and he got pretty much the same on 3 runs. Then he took it to moroso in north palm beach fl. and it put down 12s with im driving and 11.6 with his dad driving. I wil post some pics of it and the dyno sheet and his timeslips if I can ever figure out how to post pics and get ahold of all that stuff. He moved to colorado and the car is now about an hour drive from my location. I am not a import fan but when you see,hear,and feel this thing you cant help but have respect for it.
Anything putting down 500+ to the wheels has to be respected, and that guy in the eclipse should be happy. HE CAN TALK A LIL TRASH TO A LOT OF US..............BUT. Muscle cars are the toughest/meanest things on the street. I have great respect for turbo technology. If you place turbo technology onto a Muscle car, you get this(845rwhp and 830 rwtq on pump gas.) Or even better, you get Here
Old 02-20-2006, 04:01 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

i almost bought a 91 gsx when my stangs tranny blew up and it would pass inspections for numerous other things.... had a 16g turbo, boost was set at 18 pounds, bov, exhaust, short shifter...it was red ,lowered ad had sum deep dish black wheels with a polished lip.. and the owner said it should run mid 13's and it was pretty nice ... but my dad said no and i actually think it was for the better i luv my stang
Old 02-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Blue Oval
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: turbostang21
ORIGINAL: Blue Oval

i wondered what happened....so it really was just a stock lancer and she thought she would win?? haha btw you have one of the cleanest 4eyes ever
yep all stock, thought she could beat me, but she didnt know any better. when i got my first car, 105hp 95 corolla, i thought that was fast too. the stang still scares me. going from just over 100hp to mid 300s was quite a big jump

Quick Reply: A S S H O L E S Driving Eclipses(share your stories)