5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:23 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

headlight adjustment???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 12:30 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default headlight adjustment???

ok, plain and simple, how do you adjust the headlights... like where they point... mine are off and are in desparate need of alignment...(need aligned because they are new, the light housings and adjustment plates, its all stock parts just all new...)
Old 10-23-2006, 01:07 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default RE: headlight adjustment???

ttt... sorry guys... i need to know by tomorrow
Old 10-23-2006, 01:13 AM
mpswirl
2nd Gear Member

The adjuster is behind the headlight. There should be a couple longer bolts on each headlight, 1 adjusts the up down and the other adjusts the left right movement. I would park close to a wall or garage at night and adjust. Or sebd it to a shop there is a aiming tool.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:14 AM
hectanooga
1st Gear Member

There are small screw looking things that are on the back of the headlight. I believe there are three per headlight. Two on the top and one on the bottom. To adjust you just turn it either way it has to go. All you need is a 5/32 socket wrench and just play with it until you have the desired alignment.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:16 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

right, but if you look at them again, 2 look like a socket MAY work... and the other is compleetly round... its like thaton my new ones, and on my stock ones.... i know what all the parts are... i just put em in at 11pm [:@]lol. but yea... 5/32 socket... ill see if it works out... i was just making sure i wasnt gonna hve to remove them and unscrew the screws by the heads... that are attached to the light... thatda been a bitch
Old 10-23-2006, 01:19 AM
hectanooga
1st Gear Member

It could be that someone tried to adjust them and they rounded the head, but I used a 5/32 on mine and it fit like a glove. ??? Experiment I guess! :-)
Old 10-23-2006, 01:29 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

na its not that... i have brandnew ones... there like that... only one on each side... and the same one on all 4(2 new, 2 old)... its deff made like that... idk... guess ill go toy w. it soon... how do yall suggest to line them up relativly close... like how far from a wall should i park and how should they point... besides straight, lol... thanks guys
Old 10-23-2006, 01:37 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Dime, this is to get thru inspection right? Don't worry about the aim, they will have to check and aim them as part of that process. They should not charge you more than .25/labor hour to do it. How long has it been since it was inspected? Seems like a while ago.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:43 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

well its a new car for me(goin on 2 months now). so to get it tagged i needed to get it inspected, obviously. went the 1st time and they tried to adjust them and they said they couldnt get them to move, that they were frozen up... prob tru, because the screws were bent some(front end accident, before i got the car, no probs tho, so im not upset bout that) so i bought new ones along w. new housings because they were too yellow, which was an excuse to get clear corners anyway... but yea... thats why there outa alignment... cuz its all new shyt up there. im more concerned w. driving it at night, there pointing down...its bad. i have to to 40 tops just so i dont get to suprised by anything

o, and btw... i just noticed, us tools all rock white stangs, lol. and its a vert(sskiller), hatch(me) and coupe(you, obv)... thats some funny **** right there[8D]
Old 10-23-2006, 01:46 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: dimebag

o, and btw... i just noticed, us tools all rock white stangs, lol. and its a vert(sskiller), hatch(me) and coupe(you, obv)... thats some funny **** right there[8D]
Now that is an interesting factoid!!!

Now, not sure if you know this but you only have 30 days and 1000 miles to have the car reinspected. If you go over that, it has to be completely inspected again and you pay the full fee.

Quick Reply: headlight adjustment???