5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

5.0 Mustang 89 Notch GT Failure to Run Engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 07:52 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: 5.0 Mustang 89 Notch GT Failure to Run Engine

ORIGINAL: ravenforbidden

LOL okay fine, some people are more specific some are not. I don't really care that much. Around here, Notch or Hatch it's GT, LX is LX.

Keep in mind, the GT is the true breed, and the LX is the poor man's stang.

I have yet to find an LX comparably equipped to mine (exhaust replaced pipes to mufflersand underdrive pullies) to run as fast as my pony. And I still have my 40k 2yr build in motion, I'ma rip out that old 5'0 and drop in a new Modular 4V Stroked built by DSS 5'0 with a KB 2.8 Screamer on top, plus some other nice toys.

The real question a stang owner must ask him\her-self, is this:

Can I rumble the doors off Honda's andmake the other driver freakout when you sit by em?

LOL you'd have to like the "Snakebite" Cobra 04 to really know how a stang should feel pedal down. LX's are lighter sure, but you'll never compete with my GT on the showroom floor with it's bodykit on, looks rather racerish when it's done, but I have to wait around on it, I have some other things to take out, like car payments, colledge, and possibly my girl's car. And as for the performance end, don't feel like your a Honda, it's just the way my baby purrs.

Such is my little project
"Ravenforbidden"
Ummm, ok, we have ramblings from a retard. [&:]
I'll put my "poor mans" stang up against your cool GT any day of the week.[8D]
Old 09-04-2007, 08:19 PM
shawnk007
2nd Gear Member

Notches have a trunk.....[sm=rolleyes.gif]
Old 09-05-2007, 06:45 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

ORIGINAL: ravenforbidden

LOL okay fine, some people are more specific some are not. I don't really care that much. Around here, Notch or Hatch it's GT, LX is LX.

Keep in mind, the GT is the true breed, and the LX is the poor man's stang.

I have yet to find an LX comparably equipped to mine (exhaust replaced pipes to mufflersand underdrive pullies) to run as fast as my pony. And I still have my 40k 2yr build in motion, I'ma rip out that old 5'0 and drop in a new Modular 4V Stroked built by DSS 5'0 with a KB 2.8 Screamer on top, plus some other nice toys.

The real question a stang owner must ask him\her-self, is this:

Can I rumble the doors off Honda's andmake the other driver freakout when you sit by em?

LOL you'd have to like the "Snakebite" Cobra 04 to really know how a stang should feel pedal down. LX's are lighter sure, but you'll never compete with my GT on the showroom floor with it's bodykit on, looks rather racerish when it's done, but I have to wait around on it, I have some other things to take out, like car payments, colledge, and possibly my girl's car. And as for the performance end, don't feel like your a Honda, it's just the way my baby purrs.

Such is my little project
"Ravenforbidden"
Ummm, ok, we have ramblings from a retard. [&:]
I'll put my "poor mans" stang up against your cool GT any day of the week.[8D]
I second PRO's comment.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:39 PM
ravenforbidden
2nd Gear Member

LOL, well you'll both lose your cars if you put em up, I'd go pinks but I don't own the car entirely yet, sorta a bet lost to dad, had to buy it off of em.

Either way if you can't run close to 13 Flat I'd not waiste gas on you.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:02 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

I could cross the line, stop for two seconds and still probablyrun a 13 flat. Sounds like your used to honda's where you live. There are tons of people on this forum that can run sub 13's. A 13 second car is not fast. Either there is not much competition where you live or you have not raced enough. And the "pinks" comment you made is nothing more than a played out television program. This is real life where people race for pride, we are not so much trying to beat other people allthe time,but instead are trying to beat our previous best times. I wouldn't be so cocky with your "GT Notch", you will get your feelings hurt.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:16 AM
ravenforbidden
2nd Gear Member

LMAO

Well in the near stock field my stang holds it's grounds, with parts on that's a different matter and my stang on that side is not prepped.

If you want to race my car outside the stock and lightlymodified circuit no **** your ganna beat my ***, I didn't say I'd be running a blower or anything, if I was running with my Kennebell or a Procharger for that matter I would easily crack sub 10's, but so far the only mods I have are a replaced exhaust midpipe, and rear exhaust, plus exhaust pullies, and a homemade CAI, so if you think that pushes me into anything but a 13 sec your crazy.

Besides, Honda's don't run anything but 14's with the best of luck, it's Supra's and Skyline's that post 13's, perhaps your more familiar with the WRX?

Get your imports straight or someone's ganna walk away with you in the dust. And don't call my ride out if your not running near stock, of course your motor is worked, doesn't take much to see that![8D]
Old 09-06-2007, 11:22 AM
ravenforbidden
2nd Gear Member

Excuse me I mistakenly wrote "exhaust" instead of "engine" for pullies. Missed that.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:35 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Listen, i did not call you out. You were talking about "pinks" and i would lose my car. I dont pride myself on knowing anything about imports, hell, arent they all honda's. You seem to be pretty well schooled when it comes to imports, that is fine, just not my interest. And no, i do not think you are running 13's, but with a comment like "if you can't run close to 13 Flat I'd not waiste gas on you" it would seem you think you are running sub 13's. I take what people say at face value, i dont care what you have or what you want one day. If you currently have a 14 second car than accept that and dont talk nonsense like taking people's car's in a race. You started this thread all wrong with the "notch GT" comment. People tried to correct you to keep you from looking like an idiot. But you came with some excuse about slang. You would have gotten better responses if you could take constructive criticism. We cant all be right all the time, and i dont care what you say there is no slang describing a notch as a gt. A notch is actually a lx,i have owned one before. If you chose to come back with more non-sense, i will not be a participant, if you need actual help without acting like a kid, then i am sure people will be more than happy to try and help.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:55 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t...tchtonotch.gif

this should help...or rub it in more.....either one
Old 09-06-2007, 12:12 PM
sprayed306

With those mods your probally in the 14's on street tires.i have a poor mans 5.0"lx" and i wont run for pinks but i will run youfor $$$$$, i run 13.0's with a sad 2.3 60ft on motor that is.

Quick Reply: 5.0 Mustang 89 Notch GT Failure to Run Engine