5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Engine Bay - Wiring Hiding/Clean-up

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 10:15 PM
90gsplx

Originally Posted by roh92cp
Winter project last year wire tuck and engine smoothing all done at home.
Before

After

your engine bay looks awesome.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:50 AM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 90gsplx
I know this is an old thread but I'm new to the sight and cant pm anyone yet. If you see this Almost Stock can you please send me your write up with pics to dargo72@hotmail.com . Especially pics of where you mounted everthing and how you ran the wires that you need in the bay back in. Your car looks awesome. Also I wanted to bump what I think is a awesome thread.
My write-up and and pictures of what I did are are at post #62 in this thread. If you look toward the top of the page where you posted this you can see it.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:18 PM
dvierra329

i know im way late on this thread but almost stock can you send that to dvierra329@gmail.com thank you
Old 10-30-2012, 07:37 AM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dvierra329
i know im way late on this thread but almost stock can you send that to dvierra329@gmail.com thank you
The write up is posted on page 7 post #62
Old 09-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Dfuzer

Can anyone tell me what the large plug in the drivers side is? I have searched everywhere and the only thing I come up with is daytime running light plug. It is capped off. I'm in the middle of hiding my wires and this thing is a pain. I'll try to post a pic. Thank you for any help.
Attached Thumbnails  Engine Bay - Wiring Hiding/Clean-up-image.jpg  
Old 09-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Dfuzer

Default Day Time Running Light (Canadian)

Looks like I found out what it is. Day Time Running Light plug for the Canadians eh. Question now is can I remove it? Or...will it "Hose" up my electrical system?
Old 09-23-2013, 07:33 PM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dfuzer
Can anyone tell me what the large plug in the drivers side is? I have searched everywhere and the only thing I come up with is daytime running light plug. It is capped off. I'm in the middle of hiding my wires and this thing is a pain. I'll try to post a pic. Thank you for any help.

That plug is for the Canadian Daytime Running Lights that only the Canadian cars use.
In Canada, any car built after Dec 1, 1989 was required by law to have Daytime Running Lights and rather than manufacturing 2 different wire harnesses Ford just made one and used a shorting plug on the US cars.
Meaning no car in the United States has the actual hardware/device/relay/solenoid or whatever it is that plugs into that, to make the daytime running lights work and the reason the plug is not connected to anything.

You'll notice the shorting plug cap that is installed will have two pairs of contacts to complete the circuit since the module itself is not installed.
Without the cap or if you eliminate the wires the high beam indicator and brake light indicator (e-brake and fluid) on dash will not work.

Of the 7 wires only 4 are used; so if you want to delete the wire harness you can. “BUT” you have to connect the Grey/White wire to the Light Green/Black and the Pink/White to the Light Blue/Black for the high beam indicator and brake light indicator on dash to work.
The rest of the wire just cut back in the harness.

Ford call the shorting plug-- SLEEVE - WIRING [Part# FOFZ14489A] Price: $5.76
Old 09-23-2013, 07:37 PM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dfuzer
Looks like I found out what it is. Day Time Running Light plug for the Canadians eh. Question now is can I remove it? Or...will it "Hose" up my electrical system?
If you wants to delete the harness just connect the Grey/white wire to the Green and the Pink/white to the Blue/black.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Dfuzer

Thanks Almost Stock. From reading these post for years and looking at that beautiful engine bay I finally started the process. I figured if anyone knew what it was it would probably be you. I intend on pulling them out as far as I can and shorting them. Thanks again for the info. Hopefully get it to look half as good as yours and 90GPSLX. BOTH great looking machines.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Dfuzer

Default O2 sensors

What did you guys do with your O2 sensor connection? It seems to me that it should have been run across the trans area and then down instead of under the front engine and back.

Quick Reply: Engine Bay - Wiring Hiding/Clean-up