5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

MY CAR was KILLED - F^C*ING kill me please

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

Default MY CAR was KILLED - F^C*ING kill me please

(new) they gave me my $500 back today
-----------------------------------------------
(recent)this link shows the detail damage, inked to show clearly:
http://www.thatmetalbox.com/automotive/1991crashed/1991detail
This link shows the accident scene:
http://www.thatmetalbox.com/automotive/1991crashed/

so I needed to do brake job on 1993 4 banger so this morning I put my pride and joy 1991 the one Ive done all the work, just got everthing done to perfection wiring, trans rearend all golden... so called AAA and added it to on to my aaa insurance for the 1st time in 1.5 years (it had been in
garage whole time under a cover), 3/4 mile down the road to the freeway, it has those stop lights on the onramp. its solid red and i get rear-ended- plowed into out of nowhere totaling the car

I blacked out for ?seconds then came to the engine had stopped running, car was rolling down the onramp

toyota sequoia the person had turned on from the main street to the onramps (estimate 35mph) and then floored their gas pinning the throttle and smashing into me (40+)... I had my foot firmly on the brake at the time it really snapped my head to black out like that
Old 12-05-2007, 03:47 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Default RE: MY CAR was KILLED - F^C*ING kill me please

So sorry man, thats to bad.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:49 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

[] NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is F*CKED up you had a nice ride
Old 12-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

never got to take it to the strip. not once
Old 12-05-2007, 04:17 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

get us more picturez pleaze
Old 12-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

...are thirteen pictures not enough? what am I missing

http://www.thatmetalbox.com/automotive/1991crashed/

also anybody know what insurance companies will say car is worth?
nada.com says $3,000
kelly blue book says $4900 - $5100
I bought the car for $4400 several years back and I KNOW I got a great deal
What is the cost for replacement??
1991-1993 notch/coupe v8....in PERFECT body condition I mean 101%, sure paint was only 98% but the damn thing was untouched, still factory air silencer, not to mention all I had done to it, and done right.
Every single bolt I ever took off got the wire brush and some sort of compund, antisieze or what have you. Then the Dificulty of installing those beautiful full length subframe connectors and battle boxes, and the struggle to install the Lentech auto trans, ford 9" rear, full exhaust replacement....I mean I did it by the book or better, work on the chassis first then build the engine, I have a (now useless to me) engine at the shop now
Old 12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
1991LX5.0
3rd Gear Member

damn man that sucks, at least your ok. Even if insurance gives you enough money finding a clean coupe nowadays is near impossible. Good luck
Old 12-05-2007, 04:43 PM
adumb
3rd Gear Member

not to bum you out more but since you blacked out and obviously whipped your neck back a bit you might want to go to the er and get anx-ray to make sure all your spinal column is still in good working order. you can walk around with a broken neck and not even know it until you turn the wrong way and then can't feel your legs or something like that. plus if you go to the er now if an injury comes up in the next couple months it may be due to this so you will have a easier time in court getting money for it. car sucks but it is replaceable.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: adumb
not to bum you out more but since you blacked out and obviously whipped your neck back a bit you might want to go to the er and get anx-ray to make sure all your spinal column is still in good working order. you can walk around with a broken neck and not even know it until you turn the wrong way and then can't feel your legs or something like that. plus if you go to the er now if an injury comes up in the next couple months it may be due to this so you will have a easier time in court getting money for it. car sucks but it is replaceable.
Yes sir thank you for that, what great advice, and you are so correct.
yes that is first thing I did after going home, had my wife meet me at home we when to ER took 4 hours for simple check up but worth it, called first the nurse demanded that i go ER not reg appoitment, she said do it ASAP or Ill call an ambulance for you...
Old 12-05-2007, 05:05 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

Wow, really sorry to hear that, it was a nice car. but glade you are alright. Is it completly totaled? I hope you can get it all worked out.
I almost got rearended this morning as well, but the guy swerved into the snowbank at the last second thankfully, so I could very easly be going through a similar situation.

Quick Reply: MY CAR was KILLED - F^C*ING kill me please