5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Arizona Mustangers!!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:55 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default Arizona Mustangers!!

Hey so I'm visiting the inlaws in the tuscon area for the week and am thinking of heading up to speedworld this weekend for the test n tune session to watch!! Anyone going??? what am I to expect?? is it packed usually???
Old 12-19-2007, 12:07 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: Arizona Mustangers!!

^^^^^^
Old 12-19-2007, 12:54 PM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

Hey man! I live in Az in Tempe! What part of AZ are you from. I want to ask what you think of the AMP mustang shop in Phoinix..Iam going there in a couple of weeks to get Bassani Catback for around 650 which is a little pricey..but I want it done right.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:28 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: camaroeater

Hey man! I live in Az in Tempe! What part of AZ are you from. I want to ask what you think of the AMP mustang shop in Phoinix..Iam going there in a couple of weeks to get Bassani Catback for around 650 which is a little pricey..but I want it done right.
I dont live in AZ but I have been to AMP, ive heard mixed things about them but since your only buying parts there pretty cool
Old 12-19-2007, 05:19 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: camaroeater

Sorry I'm not from Arizona...actually I'm from Maryland...I'm just here in tuscon for the week visiting my wife's family for christmas.....I've heard a few things about AMP ..mainly about their tuning abilities...they are suppose to be a decent place but I don't have much info on them other than that
Old 12-20-2007, 12:18 AM
scooterstang
2nd Gear Member

I live in Peoria AZ. I'm not sure, but you may want to check out firebird raceway and see what they've got going on. It'll be much closer. Speedworld isn't too busy. There are are quite a few new g35's, old evos, and tons of chrysler 300's. AMP SUCKS. They rape everyone on prices and screw everyone over. If you talk to almost anyone is AZ they will say AMP Blows
Old 12-20-2007, 12:26 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

nothin really goin' on at firebird according to the schedule
Old 12-20-2007, 01:24 AM
raven_ghostwolf
3rd Gear Member

Yeah Firebird is dead this time of year, never been to Speedworld so can't say much about it. There is a track in Tucson too Southwestern International Raceway, LOL I lived in Tucson for 3 years and never made it over to the track there. I'm about half way between Tucson and Phoenix now. Enjoy the weather while your here, is cold to me but I know it is a lot warmer than the Northeast!

As far as AMP *shrugs* most their stuff is on the higher end price wise, I know the salvage yard they run is high priced(heard it is closed now don't know for sure). Not sure about their shop have never let them work on my car and don't know anyone first hand that has except one guy, he had them do a R134 upgrade on his fox and he seamed pleased about the work and price.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:37 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

thanks Raven ghostwolf!!....apparently I'm gonna have to make the 2 hour drive to Speedworld cause even SIR doesn't have anything goin' on this weekend....and I leave wednesday......too bad cause apparently the following weekend has A big event going on at SIR[:@]
Old 12-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Gary H
4th Gear Member

Speedworld is hard to find, it's not right off the main highway. It's a real small track, more of a mom and pop track... which it was till the guy that owned it sold it. I have a few pics from there.
http://www.mysticspeed.com/trackday/index.html
More here, they just had a race you missed
http://www.arizonasfasteststreetcars.com/Pictures.htm

As for AMP, read this
http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forum...howtopic=10553
And there have been other things that have happened there... I'd never take my car there.
Went there once, never again.

Try http://www.performancesolutionracing.com/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Arizona Mustangers!!