5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

PROJECT FACE LIFT (BEWARE 56K)***FINISHED!!!***

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 10:06 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Default RE: PROJECT FACE LIFT (BEWARE 56K)

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate all the support and nice comments.

I drove the car tonight for the first time with the new intake, new CAI, new coil overs, solid motor mounts, and new tires and I must say....IT IS FREAKING AWESOME!! I felt so fast and ran so perfect, feels better than it ever had before. I took my brother in-law for a ride and he had permagrin! I can't wait to get it to the track and see if I can beat my last best of 13.2......I will keep ya posted on that, maybe next week!

On another note, knowing I don't have all my pictures up yet of the new interior or engine, I am just curios of what you guys think my car is worth now. I am not selling it, or ever plan on it, just want to see what someone would pay for it. It is about is mint as it could be. Let me know, thanks.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:07 PM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

very good job!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:11 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

i bet you could fetch some money for it. as crazy as people are around here i bet you could get 9k for it
Old 07-02-2008, 02:33 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Well, I got out and took some pictures of it today. About time to put this thread to bed, been a long project, but I think it was all worth it. Figure I will break down the prices for everyone, and what I replaced.(prices are by memory, so give or take a few bucks, but you will get the idea)

Upholstery $300
Door panels $130
Auto meter oil pressure and temp $125
Speedo $50
Coil overs and struts $275
Motor mounts $50
Cobra grill insert $75
hidden antenna $30
Intake $300
CAI $55
seat belts $40
MISC parts (door handles, hinges, badges, window cranks, door handle bezels, arem rest pads, arm rest delete,window trim, weather stripping, gaskets,rivits, push pins, hood prop, radiator brakets, 3m 2 sided tape......I could keep going, there was a lot of odds and ends ****)
All that stuff $520 roughly
Spray paint(lots of cans) $60
Tires mounted$310
Tape, sand paper, fillers, cleaners, sanding blocks, painting stands $450
Paint, primer, sealer, thinner, hardener $800
Getting it sprayed $900

Holly crap, that is a lot of stuff and $$....hope the wife doesn't see this. The total investment this past6 months is roughly $4470, but I am glad to say it was all paid in cash. I was saving and planning on this project for over a year before I started it.

Well, here are the pictures, there are a lot

Alright...is that enough?? I could go take more

Thanks again! Maybe when I build my motor and finish my engin bay, I will do another thread.....

Old 07-02-2008, 03:08 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Wheels gota go and I think the head lights woulda looked better in clear. More contrast. Regardless, props on a fantastic job! You should be very proud!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 04:50 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

looks great! there is only one problem with it...

its not mine! hehe

also, the wheels need to go or become gun metal
Old 07-02-2008, 05:01 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Wheels gota go and I think the head lights woulda looked better in clear. More contrast. Regardless, props on a fantastic job! You should be very proud!!!
Thanks

I was going to buy some ultra clear headlights, but figured I would give the tinted look a try, it was free and I was going to buy new ones anyway....but I think I kinda dig em...we will see.

As far as rims go, I think they are going to stay the same for now. I have someone that wants to buy them in the color they are. But in the mean while I am going to start collecting parts to do a 5 lug swap so when I am ready, I can swap out to something different. Any suggestions??
Old 07-02-2008, 06:11 PM
floodzilla
3rd Gear Member

well, it came put freaking awsome bro. good luck with the rest!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:25 PM
poopaloop

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Thanks

I was going to buy some ultra clear headlights, but figured I would give the tinted look a try, it was free and I was going to buy new ones anyway....but I think I kinda dig em...we will see.

As far as rims go, I think they are going to stay the same for now. I have someone that wants to buy them in the color they are. But in the mean while I am going to start collecting parts to do a 5 lug swap so when I am ready, I can swap out to something different. Any suggestions??
imo black 18" bullits with the chrome lip would look sick with ur colors, then again the silvers look good too :P

cars lookin super sexy, im jelous

Old 07-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

The car looks great. you have done an awesome job - I'll back up Pro - be proud.

Quick Reply: PROJECT FACE LIFT (BEWARE 56K)***FINISHED!!!***