5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Dyno'd My Stang Finally. Could Not believe it.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 10:41 PM
neidert

Default Dyno'd My Stang Finally. Could Not believe it.

I got a 95 GT, with BBK cold air intake, 73 mm c&L maf, 75 mm Professional products throttle body, Professional products typhoon intake, 24 lb injectors, Edelbrock aluminum heads, E-303 cam,BBK unequal Shorties, Off-road x-pipe, Magna flow cat back exhaust. Msd ignition and blaster coil. The last time I dyno'd it I got about 250 HP and 300 Ft lbs of torque.

I bought a Diablo sport custom chip, which they burnt on the dyno. Just plugging the chip in it was at 290 HP 320 Ft lbs. It was running rich and had a dirty MAF.

Well the end result was 302 HP at 5550 RPM and 328 Ft Lbs at 4000 Rpm. Obviously to the wheels. I don't know if that seems high, but I was expecting 280 HP at most.

Thought I would share. See what you guys thought.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno'd My Stang Finally. Could Not believe it.

wow i didn't think a chip would make that much of a difference...

so when you dyno'd it last time did you have all the intakes and stuff.. and the chip just boosted it up to 302 hp?

or am i misreading and you added the stuff and the chip and got it up to 302? IDK

im just checking to make sure im not mistaken
Old 04-23-2008, 11:02 PM
woodsy
3rd Gear Member

chassis dyno = useless, they are so easy manipulated. I throw the wifes nissan ultima on a chassis dynop I bet it makes 300 at the tire

They are a good tuning aid, but the hp/tq number is for amusement
Old 04-23-2008, 11:35 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: woodsy

chassis dyno = useless, they are so easy manipulated. I throw the wifes nissan ultima on a chassis dynop I bet it makes 300 at the tire

you mean ALTIMA[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]And that wouldn't suprise me if it were the 3.5 se model them suckers are fast......et is all that matters in the end right???
Old 04-24-2008, 12:30 AM
woodsy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

you mean ALTIMA[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]And that wouldn't suprise me if it were the 3.5 se model them suckers are fast......et is all that matters in the end right???
im tired now guy Heres my next plan ready....

Buy a chassis dyno, manipulate the machine, have a grand opening, 2 free pulls all day saturday and sunday. I guarantee I am packed up for the next 6 months with everyone wanting to blow up there junk on my new fangled chassis dyno, while I make my deposit slips.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:06 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

nice numbers, and yes all that matters is ET time
Old 04-24-2008, 03:58 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: mjr46

well i'd call it an "ultima" if it really made 300 at the tires.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:09 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Regardless good numbers
Old 04-24-2008, 07:31 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

I'm going to assume you don't know anything about dyno's from that statement! You obviously have no idea what a chassis dyno is, that is really the only real way to get whp numbers. You drive your car on the rollers and hammer the gas in your nearest 1:1 gear. It's also known as a Mustang Dyno and is one of the most popular ones used to date! You may be thinking of a dynapack which mounts up to the hub of a vehicle. Those usually register about ~10% higher numbers since there is no rotating mass.

If you could explain though how they are easily manipulated please tell me.

Oh, and awesome numbers for the mods you have done, i wouldn't expect for it to break 300rwhp either. Are those corrected numbers?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:20 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: TRexGAWD

I'm going to assume you don't know anything about dyno's from that statement! You obviously have no idea what a chassis dyno is, that is really the only real way to get whp numbers. You drive your car on the rollers and hammer the gas in your nearest 1:1 gear. It's also known as a Mustang Dyno and is one of the most popular ones used to date! You may be thinking of a dynapack which mounts up to the hub of a vehicle. Those usually register about ~10% higher numbers since there is no rotating mass.

If you could explain though how they are easily manipulated please tell me.

Oh, and awesome numbers for the mods you have done, i wouldn't expect for it to break 300rwhp either. Are those corrected numbers?

I'm gonna take it you obviously have no clue who "woodsy" is...cause if you did you wouldn't of made a remark like that[&:]

Quick Reply: Dyno'd My Stang Finally. Could Not believe it.