5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

The Beast has Risen, now with Video

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:44 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Default RE: The Beast had Risen

I started out with this build just wanting 12 second ETs, but the farther the build came along and the more parts that I purchased, I could start seeing the 11 second ET range coming into the picture. So now I have been having my hopes set on 11 sec ET's. We will see what it will do once I get it completely finished and a couple of oil changes under it's belt.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:56 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

most 347 should do such if built right...I'd be suprised if you didn't knock down an 11 sec e.t
Old 06-30-2008, 03:38 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

i would think the same 11's...
Old 06-30-2008, 05:56 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

o i remember the day i told my dad what i wanted to run right after i bought the car.
13's mid 13's
then i bought some stuff, i want to go 12's.
now im looking for that 10.99 lol
i havent even been to the track yet and the numbers keep getting lower LOL

3.90's and a c4, i got a better one for ya...
i almost went w/ a toploader and 4.30's-thats 4k at 70mph [&:]
for now its aode and 4.30's but soon it will have a tko.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:32 PM
crueheadstang87
3rd Gear Member

car sounds great man. good job
Old 07-01-2008, 02:02 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

I will be happy with it in the upper 11 second bracket. I don't want to be mandated to have a cage to run at the track. I did start it again a couple of times yesterday as the news spread around town that I got it going finally and people were showing up left and right wanting to hear it. I spun it up to around the 5k rpm mark and it was awesome let me tell you. Can't wait untill the fuel line comes in from Summit so I can make it drivable.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:40 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Thanks for all the comments guys. I can truely say that this site is full of alot of very helpful information when a man does need it. That is if he can decifer through all of the bickering and B.S. that goes on in alot of these threads.

I will put up a new video of the car when I get home from work when I get it out of the shop and into the driveway. I did get my fuel lines and fittings in from Summit, the evening before I came to work for 2 weeks, but I will have 14 days off to get it together and installed. I was planning on getting my the rest of my exhuast put inby a friend of mine, he has a shop that does custom installation. I am going to be running, duals, no H or X pipe, dumped and turned out towards the sides of the car in front of the tires. Gonna run two little short 10 series mufflers. I don't have smog issues to worry about around here.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:57 PM
hi_tek_rednek
2nd Gear Member

man thats sounds sweet! almost the same build as me. execpt i'm running world sr heads. same intake and carb setup. almost same cam.
what headers you running? i'm running shorties that dump right behind the front wheels. no mufflers or anything. now i'm wanting to get mine in and running. lol at least now i know kinda what it'll sound like. gr8 job.

will...
Old 07-12-2008, 08:36 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

I am running a set of MAC 1 3/4' Long Tubes. I have had much pain in my azz in hood clearance issues as far as putting an airbreather on it. I have a 4' Cowl hood and I have tried two different styles and sizes of air cleaners and still having trouble. I will resolve it one way or another though.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:55 PM
hi_tek_rednek
2nd Gear Member

mine is track only so i'm just gonna cut out the hood to clear the bug catcher. i dont think a 4" cowl would clear it. lol the solid motor mounts lift it some and with the parker funnel web, holley 750 and the bug catcher. i think i would need a pro stock style scoop. lol

will...

Quick Reply: The Beast has Risen, now with Video