5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Pulled over for illegal tint

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:19 AM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

Default Pulled over for illegal tint

i was going to work and I floored it in 2nd passing someone and a motorcycle cop gets behind me. I ended up getting aticket for 5%(illegal tint) and a ticket for my anti-photo radar plate. In the booklet the officer gaveme it says the ticket are $140 each[:@]. I almost thought i was gonna get a ticket for the O/R pipe b/c I sat there w/ the car running for a couple minutes w/ the cop right behind me[&:]....then I realized it and turned it off. That cop must of got an ear full of that O/R exhaust tone before pulling me over. I thought the ticket for illegal tint here was a fix it ticket.Imhoping they'll possibly drop the charge for the plate.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:47 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Pulled over for illegal tint

ORIGINAL: camaroeater

i was going to work and I floored it in 2nd passing someone and a motorcycle cop gets behind me. I ended up getting aticket for 5%(illegal tint) and a ticket for my anti-photo radar plate. In the booklet the officer gaveme it says the ticket are $140 each[:@]. I almost thought i was gonna get a ticket for the O/R pipe b/c I sat there w/ the car running for a couple minutes w/ the cop right behind me[&:]....then I realized it and turned it off. That cop must of got an ear full of that O/R exhaust tone. I thought the ticket for illegal tint here was a fix it ticket.Imhoping they'll possibly drop the charge for the plate.
i dont know what the laws are where you live but here in st. louis you just have to bring a pic into the judge proving that youve had the tint removed. then the charges are dropped.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:50 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: 945LSTANG

ORIGINAL: camaroeater

i was going to work and I floored it in 2nd passing someone and a motorcycle cop gets behind me. I ended up getting aticket for 5%(illegal tint) and a ticket for my anti-photo radar plate. In the booklet the officer gaveme it says the ticket are $140 each[:@]. I almost thought i was gonna get a ticket for the O/R pipe b/c I sat there w/ the car running for a couple minutes w/ the cop right behind me[&:]....then I realized it and turned it off. That cop must of got an ear full of that O/R exhaust tone. I thought the ticket for illegal tint here was a fix it ticket.Imhoping they'll possibly drop the charge for the plate.
i dont know what the laws are where you live but here in st. louis you just have to bring a pic into the judge proving that youve had the tint removed. then the charges are dropped.
photochop FTW!!!! were you sarcastic or a jerk to the cop or were you compliant?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:56 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FivePointOhh

photochop FTW!!!! were you sarcastic or a jerk to the cop or were you compliant?
lol....youd be fugged when they pulled you over again for the same exact thing.

so far ive actually had no problem with my illegal tints. dont want to test highway patrol though. they are straight a$$holes.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:45 PM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

I just got some info offthe window tinting forum I visit. I guy here in AZ said he got a ticket for tint and for an anti-photo radar plate 4 years ago. I guess the court told him the charges would be dropped if he removed the illegal devices...he ended up paying $40. I can't believe my exhaust got me in trouble.

To Fivepointohh: I wanting to vent when I saw the sirens, but once I pulled over and he approached my car I was 100% complient....I figured venting wouldn't help the sitution. He didn't even mention the plate till he came back with the window tinting ticket. He metered the tint at 3%....just tinted it 2 months ago.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:39 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Sorry dude,, but I gotta call ya a dumb *** for knowingly having visually illegal stuff on the car. And I would have def shut the car off as soon as I pulled over. Guess ya got lucky on that one.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:39 PM
cbennett
3rd Gear Member

wow.. if you had that 5% tint on your front glasses here in buffalo MO.. you woud get pulled over the first lap you made in town..
ive got 35% on the side, and ive been pulled over twice now and had that meter on my glass..

and i dont know about that whole take a picture into court...
i think thats BS
ive been to court for window tint on my tbird before, i had to take the tint off, and then drive 30 minutes away to the highway patrol headquarters, and have them sign the back of my ticket
Old 08-06-2008, 03:40 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

if you go to court and show you've removed the illegal devices you may only have to pay court fees.

always shut your car off when you get pulled over and always be compliant. it makes everything smoother and you put a person in a better mood by being curtious. thumbs up to you camaro eater. but man...your windows are toooooo dark i would suggest removing it and going down to 50% if you still want tint
Old 08-06-2008, 04:55 PM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

The laws here in AZ allow darkest you can go on front windows is 30% and anything BUT the front rollups can be 5%(limo). Almost every shop in AZ will put 20% because its so close to 30%(legal). Shops would lose out onway to much work not applying 5% or 20% windows. I'm justgonna put 20% on the fronts.Hopefully thisgets dropped in court and all Ihave to pay is court fees plus $10 for filmand 40 min for a removal/retint.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:57 PM
1988GTstang
3rd Gear Member

yea i got pulled over doin bout 100 u better believe i was complient and shut my damn car off!! lol

Quick Reply: Pulled over for illegal tint