5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Guess my 1/4 mile time

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 09:16 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by roostracing
the video will run!!! I'll take some footage of the engine, interior, trunk, and of course the races...not gonna run it more than 3 times....i'm like you, i fear of breaking the stock t-5 before anything else!!
cool I look forward to seeing your run!! good luck and may you get your goal when is the track date???

Last edited by mjr46; 09-13-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:19 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by uedlose
Just another reason I say the sun shines on every dogs at at lease once...... LOL LOL just messing with you Mike LOL
what's that suppose to mean?? yeah I know John I got no room to talk , I gaurantee I'd lose to you
Old 09-13-2008, 09:33 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

I am talking of you winning LOL it is a tough game to play and go work your way through a field of cars and win. and lets not forget the faster car don't always win in bracket racing.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:39 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I am talking of you winning LOL it is a tough game to play and go work your way through a field of cars and win. and lets not forget the faster car don't always win in bracket racing.
OH OKAY, i AGREE IT IS TOUGH , BUT BELIEVE IT OR NOT WHEN i GO....bracket racing I can do well, just haven't been to do it in a while cause to do it regularly it is costly monitarily and hard on the car week in and week out, so I don't do it to much anymore as I push the stock stuff to the limit to often on the 92 and have went through a few t-5's and on the second rear now!!...hopefully I can have the 85 ready for next week, gotta readjust the valves still, just put the line lock in thursday and gotta get the bottle filled if I decide to spray it for my one run before getting told to slow it down!!LOL also gotta undo the sway bar links, Hey John.....do they sell quick disconnect / removable sway bar links for foxes???
Old 09-13-2008, 09:53 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Not that I know of on the disconnect links but they should.. yea I am hoping the cam comes before then so I can put it in but I dont think it will.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:06 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I hope the weather is good next weekend unlike this weekend, cause the NVMC drag days is the only meet I look forward too = private and round robin!! run when ya' want
Old 09-13-2008, 11:49 AM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

for what is worth I got a friend that runs high 12s with a stock 5.0 set up last time I talked with him the heads had never been off the car. It did have 1.7 rockers and a Explorer intake and a 65mm T/B good exhaust and 3.73 gears and good suspension. So I think you can run better then a 14.0 by all means . He runs it in the NMRA factory stock class some times and is way off the class times. So I am for ya Roost keep us updated
Thanks man...i'm glad to hear someone thinks i'll reach my goal...12's on the stock motor is my ultimate goal but for now a 13.3-13.6 would work for me...i'll let ya know how it goes
Old 09-13-2008, 11:51 AM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
cool I look forward to seeing your run!! good luck and may you get your goal when is the track date???
track date is set for this wednesday, the 17th (if weather permits)
Old 09-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Explosive

Didn't read the entire thread, but launching at 5 grand ? Holy crap.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:12 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

dude, i believe in you, ive seen some random **** happen. My buddy's cousin was talking about taking a relatively stock 5.0 to low 13's and beating the **** out of vipers and vettes out of the hole (redmachandorangefox, his cousin had the fox before him and was talking about it)

i dunno, im skeptical, but i hope you get there, good luck catchin traction, but i honestly dont think youll get there until you at least get a few suspention mods

Quick Reply: Guess my 1/4 mile time