5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Quick I need help I posted in the wrong sec

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 11:24 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Heres the car.
Originally Posted by 91coupe5.0
1988 mustang LX. $4,000

306 motor balanced and blueprinted.

Main support girdle with a windage tray crank scrapper.Also has that special coating all inside the block. I'm sorry, I forget what it is called but I believe it is supposed help the oil travel faster back to the oil pan to circulate back through the motor.

Stock crank but has been machined and worked to get rid of casting imperfections.

Canton 7qt. Oil Pan

Keithblack hyperutectic pistons, 10.5:1 compression.

GT-40 Alumn. Heads. Slight port job by Pat Riley.They have all comp cams upgraded springs to go with the comp cam in the motor as well as upgraded rataining hardware and heavy duty valve guides and shims for the springs. I believe the valves are 1.64 on the exhuast side and 1.96 on the intake side if I'm not mistaken with a 5 angle valve job.

The cam is a Comp Cams brand. I don't have the exact specs on it but can get them if someone is serious about the car. I know it is around a 544 lift and is under the supercharger and nitrous section of the catalouge.

It has a Holley Systemax II intake

70mm BBK T/B

30lb FMS injectors, 73mm Mass Air, Holley FPR, and a 255 holley Fuel pump.

Alumn. Fidanza lightweight flywheel along with an alumn. FMS driveshaft.

Full BBK exhuast with longtube headers and dumped flowmasters.

The rearend has 4:10 FMS gears

Metco lower control arms in the rear.

275 MT drag radials out back with cobra R's all around

Pro 5.0 Shifter

FMS King Cobra heavy duty clutch.

A3M1 ECU.

Summit digital ignition box, Accel coil, 8.8 FMS plug wires with a MSD cap.

Battery is relocated to the rear and have also upgraded the alternator to a SN95 130amp.

Ford Taurus radiator fan.(Better than any other fan out on the market or any other fan I have tried IMO)

The only three problems I can think of is the speedometer does not work and the rear end whines a bit but is very strong from what I can tell. Some type of good gear oil will maybe help. Last problem is the side markers don't work but isn't a hard fix(further detail on that upon request).

The motor shouldn't have more than 30k miles on it since built by PR considering how little I drive the car(little beater 88 s-10 is the DD). He had built this bottom end for himself and ended up deciding to go another route so I bought it. It gets an oil change every 2-3 months no matter what. Always synthetic oil. I mostly just drive it up to grab something to eat or whatnot close by, maybe to work if we are working close to home. High gas prices kept me from driving it much.

All the interior is in very nice shape no rips or anything like that besides the two armrest which are painted black but are really tan(arm rest aren't expensive or hard to replace, just haven't got around to it). The back seats are out but I have them. The exterior isn't the nicest out there but it also isn't too bad at the same time.

I don't see this car running anything less than a low 8 or high 7 in the 1/8th mile. I haven't had a chance to get it to the track myself yet.

$4,000

Old 12-08-2008, 11:31 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

not a bad deal,,but lose the speaker in the spare tire well....lol
Old 12-09-2008, 02:49 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

I would give 3 maybe. The block work was really a waste of time I think.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:21 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

I'm going to look at the car in 2 days. If I get it I will throw some nitrous at it. I'm assuming it would make some good power on a 125 shot.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:57 AM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

You all were horribly off on the power. Its pretty quick. I'm guessing mid 300's at the wheels.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:33 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Just because it feels like 300 doesn't mean it has it. Go get it dynoed and let us see it!
Old 12-14-2008, 02:02 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

I've been offered a trade on my Accord for a Trans Am so I'm going to how that works out before I get this. My Camaro had about 290 to the wheels and it was a whole lot slower than this. He said the foxbody was a fender ahead of his Vortech supercharged 96 cobra through 3rd. The cobra put down 374 whp.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:06 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

That doesn't mean much, get some numbers on the dyno.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:21 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

I'm not going to dyno it if I don't buy it lol. Its definitely 300+whp though.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:30 PM
redpony88
4th Gear Member

dont be guessing sooooo much here. just because ONE had X-HP doesnt mean the other is equal. the fox has something no mod motor has, it's called torque! we can pull off the line quick, mods pull more power than we do.
btw JUST because the dude claims something doesnt mean it really happened....... he wants you to buy it, of course he's gonna make it sound as good as he can.............. he's playing on your gullibility

Quick Reply: Quick I need help I posted in the wrong sec