5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Stolen Fox body-please look

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 06:06 PM
symonds86
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
^^ yea i have a hidden fp cut off switch seperate from my battery cut off. for DD'ing i just cut off the fp but overnight battery and fp both get shut off. they may be smart enough to get one, but deff not both
roll back or tow truck and yer still screwed, not that its a bad idea to have something to keep the riff raff out but if they want it bad they will have it. i watched some kids walking around me car while i was at i local mcdonalds, they were trying to get in it. but i have shaved door handles, talk about some confused wannabe theves. i hit the panic think on my keyfob for the doors and they ran
Old 02-03-2009, 06:42 PM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

my baby was almost stolen twice, and ever since it stays in a garage. i also will have the other door shaved some what soon (hopefully ) so they'll have to rip the top if they want it that bad, but by that time the infared laser that pics up on any movement in the car would trigger the alarm.

And i will install a cut off switch aswell. , but like someone has already said if they want it bad enough they'll tow it.

Hopefully its not chopped up already, hope your friend finds it.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:59 PM
super6wheelman
2nd Gear Member

Thanks alot for the advice and the help-its greatly appreciated
Old 02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
symonds86
3rd Gear Member

i forgot to mention it but i hope the cars found
Old 02-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Ford5.0forlife

Didn't see the thread posted yet..

Here is an update;

The car was definately NOT towed.. the gym doesn't tow cars, his boy saw someone trying to get into the car, but he thought it was Mike, and that he locked his keys in.

When he informed the police on sunday, they actually said they RAN THE PLATE OF HIS CAR ON BLACK ROCK TURNPIKE in fairfield but didn't pull it over because there was nothing on it. If he had reported it stolen that night he came back, the car would of been in his driveway 100% as it had left.... but he waited till morning to make sure it wasn't towed..

I drove around BPT in my car trying to look for it and saw some sketchy *** body shop stripping cars about 1 hour before superbowl on river street in BPT.. i told him about it because my boy thought he saw a cowl hood, but by the time mike got there he couldn't see anything. But I prolly made them a bit uncomfortable creeping past in a solid roller foxbody.

The car has AFR165's, Edlebrock Intake, 42 lbers, S-trim, and if someone see's it running for some reason, you know what a b-cam sounds like.

We have a good lead, but I've been asked by the owner not to reveal specifics just yet.. but it's not good at all.

Last edited by Ford5.0forlife; 02-03-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:06 PM
PinupGirl77
ROTM Moderator

Very nice Fox! I really hope it is found soon.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Kitcarson

I'm sorry to hear about that. I doubt they'd come by Virginia Beach, but I'll keep an eye out anyhow. Makes me worry about my car sometimes, even with the alarm...
Old 02-03-2009, 08:36 PM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

Dang only if he would have reported it stolen earlier.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:17 AM
StangRehab
1st Gear Member

........ i feel so bad for your boy. You can tell he put alot of sweat into that beast. Hope it gets back to him somehow. I would go ballistic
Old 02-04-2009, 08:43 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by symonds86
roll back or tow truck and yer still screwed,
why would someone waste their time towing my POS? its not like they are classic cars that hold a lot of value...

Quick Reply: Stolen Fox body-please look