5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

It runs

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Default It runs

Well after waiting on the head to get done then getting the wrong head gaskets the car is running again. pulls real hard I missed it LOL. Not real sure when I am gone to the track. I think I am just gone to drive it around for a while and work on getting the street tune all worked out it is idling ruff. then I will head back to the track to make some passes. Maybe I will work on that single digit time slip. just to get it and then have them throw me out LOL.

Last edited by uedlose; 05-27-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:45 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

you too ehh?? got mine back up and running too......I feel the same way!! gonna just drive and enjoy mine for a while too!!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:12 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Cool don't forget Fridays in at the zone. LOL I have only made it once this year. So how does it feel are you happy or are you still waiting to stand on it? I am thinking about a meth kit just to keep it a bit safer on boost. I still got some tuning to do at the track so we can get through the year without hurting anything. I know there is a class race coming up in June a 10.00 index and I believe it is heads up. So I may hit that. but I got to get some drag radials first.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:34 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

lol...yeah I have only made it up to the Zone once and not with any of my rides, the vert is in pieces still , the 92 the inspection is dead as well is the 85's but until last week it wasn't running. I haven't really busted on it hard yet.. just a few quick bursts in 1st and 2nd and it felt way stronger but it was all over the place, I hit 3rd today for the first time and it pulls strong in the upper rpms......still gotta do some tunning / final timing adjustment and plug reading......but the car for sure now and even more so on the bottle is gonna get me booted of the track, I know I said I'd never do it but I may start looking into cages.....there goes the sleeper look.........
Old 05-28-2009, 06:32 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

yeah. they can get in the way of things but your life is worth so much more. As for the sleeper look I would not worry to much I have seen a good many cars that don't need bars as far as times go running them just for the COOL look. LOL. I have a few days left on the tags and the inspection looks like I will be gone to see Big D.some time next month
Old 05-28-2009, 07:28 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I'll be seeing Big D next week most likely
Old 05-28-2009, 07:35 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

im so jealous. I cant wait to get my gar back together, It should be a totally different experience this year.

I just hope that ticking went away by getting rid of the junk heads I had
Old 05-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

nice...any sound clips??
Old 05-28-2009, 11:34 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

About time MJR! I take it the trans is shifting really nice then? I can't wait to get mine together just to feel the pull behind the t5 instead of the c4 and some good tires. Its been awhile since I have been in a good running fox that can get a launch!
Old 05-28-2009, 04:35 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
im so jealous. I cant wait to get my gar back together, It should be a totally different experience this year.

I just hope that ticking went away by getting rid of the junk heads I had
So give us some details on the set up

Quick Reply: It runs