5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

winter projects? post em up!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 01:29 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default winter projects? post em up!

so i'm on the hunt for my winter time project.

i'm pretty much done with the stang for now, there will be a few things i'll do with it over the winter, pretty much finish off the body work and paint it again.

but what i'm really going to work on over the winter is this.

and put this in it

i found an 1983 s10 for sale that he want 250 bucks for it. its in wonderful condition, no rust except for inside the truck bed. and also there is a dealer around here that would hook me up with a ls7 motor and trans for 5400 dollars. or if i want to save more for suspension he will sell me an ls1 with a fast intake and 90mm tb + trans for 3000.

i live at a friends house now for free so i plan on makin this truck to sell. i figure with the right gears and suspension it'll be 10's easy.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:17 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

My winter project still consistes of my mustang, all body work is done (except engine bay)
-Putting 04 cobra engine in
-Backed by a built c4 with trans break
-think im going with an aeromotive fuel system
-gear swap from 4.30's to i thinkg 3.55's

.... Hopefully be running by next summer!

o and maybe a little sauce to top it all off
Old 10-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
so i'm on the hunt for my winter time project.

i'm pretty much done with the stang for now, there will be a few things i'll do with it over the winter, pretty much finish off the body work and paint it again.

but what i'm really going to work on over the winter is this.

and put this in it

i found an 1983 s10 for sale that he want 250 bucks for it. its in wonderful condition, no rust except for inside the truck bed. and also there is a dealer around here that would hook me up with a ls7 motor and trans for 5400 dollars. or if i want to save more for suspension he will sell me an ls1 with a fast intake and 90mm tb + trans for 3000.

i live at a friends house now for free so i plan on makin this truck to sell. i figure with the right gears and suspension it'll be 10's easy.
Maaannn. That's cool. B/f (now husband) had (I think) an 87 S-10 with a 350 shoe horned off in it and it was freakin' scary fast. Loved that truck... I can only imagine what your's will do when you get it all together. N-joy.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:02 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

well I guess you already know what mine is. putting a t-66 turbo on my stang and gonna try to put it in the 11's or at least low 12's lol
Old 10-22-2009, 03:28 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by GhostHorse
Maaannn. That's cool. B/f (now husband) had (I think) an 87 S-10 with a 350 shoe horned off in it and it was freakin' scary fast. Loved that truck... I can only imagine what your's will do when you get it all together. N-joy.
thats awesome, the more i read about these swaps the more phsyced i get. i had a buddy who did a 350 into a 98 s10. he had to do a lot of engine bay modding though. im going with the older style for less work in the engine bay. that buddy though had a pretty consistant 11 somethin in the quarter and he only put like 360hp down to the tires iirc. well, a motor that puts 505 down in a 3k pound vette that runs mid to low 12's, should easily run 10's in a 2200 pound s10 with the right suspension. plus i think dry sump is neat, put i may go with just a basic ls1. im trying to figure out where to place my funds so the project keeps moving, otherwise i get frustrated when stuff comes to a stand still on a project.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

You'll definitely want to do the suspension right. The 87 would get really squirrelly past 120 or so. It was death waiting to happen, but if I remember correct, no one had touched the suspension. It was stock. I think.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:00 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

I might be getting a Saleen in trade for my Cobra.... so we will see what happens when the guy calls me back to set a time to view the cars.

Heres a teaser!

Old 10-22-2009, 04:08 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

wait an effin second!!!

keith getting a fox? wtf is wrong with you?
Old 10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
AntiRiceRacing
2nd Gear Member

My buddies s10 that a high compression n/a 355 will be going into soon:

And ill be working on my coupe, just no solid plans for it yet...
Old 10-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kweb288
My winter project still consistes of my mustang, all body work is done (except engine bay)
-Putting 04 cobra engine in
-Backed by a built c4 with trans break
-think im going with an aeromotive fuel system
-gear swap from 4.30's to i thinkg 3.55's

.... Hopefully be running by next summer!

o and maybe a little sauce to top it all off
whatcha doing with that t-56?

Quick Reply: winter projects? post em up!