5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

What's this mustang worth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 02:23 PM
97GTCovert

Well from the sound of things you've already made your decision,yet you ask for advice? not sure. I am not trying to be a an a$$,but you ask for opinions and told you what I thought.If you think its a good deal then go ahead with it. Generally the costs of pulling frames,or in your case subframes,is going to cost you plus paint.
Good luck with your find though.
If you are on a budget and dont mind spending money down the road then sounds good.

Again,just my 2 cents
Old 10-31-2009, 04:59 PM
DMC-4OOEX

Originally Posted by 97GTCovert
Well from the sound of things you've already made your decision,yet you ask for advice? not sure. I am not trying to be a an a$$,but you ask for opinions and told you what I thought.If you think its a good deal then go ahead with it. Generally the costs of pulling frames,or in your case subframes,is going to cost you plus paint.
Good luck with your find though.
If you are on a budget and dont mind spending money down the road then sounds good.

Again,just my 2 cents
I wasn't attacking you, sorry if it came off that way. I was just saying, that I went over the whole car. (With my father, who's VERY mechanically inclined as am I) and no other crush zones were damaged like you said. Only the front. So I figured that might have an effect on your opinion.

The whole deal is, I'm on a $3000-or-less budget. And I haven't had very much luck at all, finding one that isn't beat to hell or high mileage, in that price range. That's why this one caught my eye. It drives, runs, looks great. And has some money in it. I would've left a deposit on the spot and not argued the $3000 he wanted at all, if it weren't for the crinkles.

My whole reasoning for really making this thread, is to see if anyone else has ever had these crinkles after an accident, and how much it effects the structural integrity of the car. And how much the car is worth with these crinkles.
My original thought was, the car can probably be driven for another 10+ years with the crinkles. But I want to make sure the front end won't fold on me or anything of that sort. I can take care of the rust bubbles, I know a body guy that's friends with my father.

Pic