5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Dont you hate..

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:07 AM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nacanitihs
yea i do..

i had an 88LX hatch that just needed a battery, starter solenoid and a radiator. posted it up for $2200. when people came to look at it i attached my solenoid and battery and fired it up for them. some guy offered me 800 and said it needed more work than it was worth yada yada. that was my 3rd fox but basically 6th between me and my buddy who owned that car together. eventually we just wanted to get rid of it needing cash and it was taking up space. they guy called again and offered 1200 so we took it. the NEXT FU(KING DAY it was posted back up on CL for $2500 and he didnt even replace n e thing! WTF!
now that is a piece of crapmove on his part!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Originally Posted by mjr46
one more reason I don't bother with people who bring up kbb for a mustang, mustangs should be sold to an enthusiest who understands the market for such not some ***** that wants the cheapest BJ he can find
Amen.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:40 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

i low ball people so bad on anything i buy. it usually only works 1 out of 200 times, but when it does...damn is it a good deal. like my s10 project. i talked a guy down from 1100 to 250 bucks. i think i pick it up this weekend. i originally offered him 100 dollars.

as i buyer you have to be prepared for what you're willing to pay. Then, as a proper business man, its up to you to get the best deal for what you're trying to do. the more you budget, the more you get done. business deals 101. my neighbor bill is the king of finding deals like this.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:47 AM
68CSTANG
3rd Gear Member

I havent had much more than the typical low-ball offers but I have had some SWEET trade offers..like a 1978 Dodge flatbed truck with "average rust" and a Guitar Hero XBOX game for an LS1 Firebird I had for sale awhile back. Made me giggle. Keep the stories coming!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by TrimDrip
People like to negotiate. Rarely ever do people pay what you are asking. Sometimes they do though. That is why it is always good to start high.
The problem is most people are amateurs when it comes to negotiating. Yes its' good to start high, but not too high, otherwise people come in with absurdly low offers. Not saying that about the OP, just in general.

I sold my 00 V6 Mustang about a year and a half ago for $3,500 and 125K on the ODO. Had one guy offer me $3,000, hell no. Second guy offered me $3,500 cash. When he handed me the cash I gave him back $150 for a cash deal and not trying to waste my time.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:46 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

That and I hate the ones who try to sell their cars for more than what they really are. For example, one I found today, a 95 Cobra runs great v6.............. uh huh.....the person was mad when I emailed him and asked him why he was selling it as a cobra when he knows its not. He just told me I didn't know cars from the hole in my a$$ lol. So I sent back what the 95 Cobra has from the factory and he sent back saying something about me being a broke *** or something and that he wouldn't sell me his car.....I never offered in the first place lol. Don't let someone talk you out of it!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:52 AM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

haha yea i have had those SWEET trade offers too. people askin if they can trade a xbox360 that needs repair, 80s motorcycles that "need tlc" and other stupid crap
Old 11-04-2009, 11:54 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by projectresto83
That and I hate the ones who try to sell their cars for more than what they really are. For example, one I found today, a 95 Cobra runs great v6.............. uh huh.....the person was mad when I emailed him and asked him why he was selling it as a cobra when he knows its not. He just told me I didn't know cars from the hole in my a$$ lol. So I sent back what the 95 Cobra has from the factory and he sent back saying something about me being a broke *** or something and that he wouldn't sell me his car.....I never offered in the first place lol. Don't let someone talk you out of it!
i had something similar recently. here is the email. this guy is retarded

I cleaned the tag a little better and realized that the 3 is in fact a 2. You are correct, my axle has 2.73 gears and NOT 3.73. Thx for pointing that out to me.

-Shari and Dwayne Orr

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 8:15 AM , Schroeder, Kyle A wrote:

ok i see, well just FYI, stock fox gears are only 2.73, 3.08 or 3.27. you're advertising 3.73's. just thought you should be aware, you can identify which ones they are based on the tag hanging off the rear end, just google the tag. In that case i'm not interested, i thought they were 3.73's

Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:27 PM
To: Schroeder, Kyle A
Subject: RE: Fox rear end

These are the stock gears and have not been changed. I have someone that is really interested in the axle at $200 and is coming to look at it this weekend. I will let you know if they do not purchase it.

-Dwayne

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 2:19 PM , Schroeder, Kyle A wrote:

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Saw you ad for the rear end for 200. how many miles are on the rear since the gear change? Was it done professionally or DIY? Also curious if its still for sale if you'd be willing to take 150 for it since I'd be driving from des moines IA?

Let me know,
Thanks!
-Kyle
Old 11-04-2009, 12:04 PM
CobraCurt
2nd Gear Member

I hate when people try to tell you what your car is worth. Like the seller never actually took time out to see what his is car would sell for or worth.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:13 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

i remember when i had my 347 stroker 95 gt i got that badass trade of of a 96 neon and a chevette for a straight up trade

Quick Reply: Dont you hate..