5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Pulling the motor..

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:16 AM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

^^ lol im down! no idea when that date will actually come tho ahhaha, Still need a trans, fuel system, cooling system, and MANY other small parts runnning out of money!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:41 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

thats what christmas is for!!

i'm down too for a while. i'm going to drop a decent amount on paint this time around. probably around 6-8 hundred. still have tons of welding to do. i might start on that soon to finish up the engine bay. all my wiring will be hidden inside the cabin or in the fenders. going all out.

i still need window/WOT switch, nozzle and jets for my nitrous. but im treating myself to an ignition kit for christmas, different lower control arms and then some mickey thompson tires
Old 12-03-2009, 10:34 AM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

You will love the mickeys man! great tire in my opinion!

ya well i aint getting jack for the car when it comes to x-mass everyone in the family believes its a waste of time hahahah, Rather give me shirts

Once i go home for break, my buddy and i are loading the car up on a trailer and taking it to his buddies shop to have my cage, and subframes welded in. Then we are going to fill all the holes in the engine bay and hopefully find a nice day to be able to lay down some paint (crossing fingers)
I believe we may have just jacked this thread
Old 12-03-2009, 10:37 AM
motorman524
MF Informant

^I thought you already had the car painted? Or are you talking about the engine bay?
If you guys do that you'll have to let me know!! I go to Joliet every year for NMRA in July! I have a few cousins up there even..
Old 12-03-2009, 10:45 AM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

ya cars already painted, just the engine bay is left. Took me a while to find the metal i needed to make these specialy plates to weld in the engine bay... Basically im trying to make the whole thing as SMOOTH as possible.
I really want to get the car done for the joliet superbowl mustang race in july and put it in the car show... but i have no idea if ill be able to get it all done by then! (thats pretty bad considering its 8months away lol)
Old 12-03-2009, 10:52 AM
motorman524
MF Informant

Dang thats a lot of work in a little bit of time! I saw that thing when I picked up my transmission, but atleast your doing it right.

I think that would be a great time for all of us to meet up.(I could show you how to shift that transmission you sold me)
Old 12-03-2009, 11:03 AM
AntiRiceRacing
2nd Gear Member

Im in Plainfield. Im down for meeting up in the spring but it all depends where, im down for meeting up at 66 if you guys are going. I never raced there but i heard the inspection is insane, i hope i can pass. lol.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:56 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

ive never raced there either. Been to Byron and Great lakes for racing.

Byron is A JOKE when it comes to tech lol. One of our buddies was running in the low 10's with no cage, and just a lap belt lol. There rule is basically as along as you keep it straight they dont do to much.
hahah, i could shift it just fine! just with the gears i had the shift point came up to fast
beat many sti's and wrx's with my set up.
Ps, so you got everything in and running? i like how half my car found itsway into yours lol
Old 12-03-2009, 02:01 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

^^yea they are prety intense about inspection. i had a buddy who had a 10.xx '99 cobra and they failed his inspection due ONE questionable weld from the main hoop back to his rear shock tower. i guess the guy said it looked to him the weld was sitting on top of the metal and didnt actually penetrate? i dunno. it was stupid.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:05 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

Well it isn't in yet, all I have left to buy on my winter project list is cc plates and control arms. I'm taking a break on it until the first of the year, then I'll do it all at once. I put my Holley Systemax on because it was just sittin in my living room, staring at me lol.

I'm just messin with you on the shifting I bought a short throw shifter for that baby as well. Can't wait to get the kmember kit and TKO 600 in though!!(thats what I bought from him for the people that dont know)

Quick Reply: Pulling the motor..